It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Saving Fuse setups into amp
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:39 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

When I make a setup in Fuse (amp model, mid setting, stomp box, post FX, etc) and I save it on the software - which I understand saves it to a specific location in my computer - it plays thru my X2HD. Fine. When I disconnect the X2 from the computer, do these settings stay in effect in the X2 itself, or does it revert to its usual settings/FXs that are hardwired on the amp?

In other words: If I want to use my Fuse settings at a gig, do I have to be connected to my computer? I've tried to understand this by reading and searching online, but all answers seem to be legalese.

Can the Fender moderator perhaps answer this once and for all? Thank you.

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Saving Fuse setups into amp
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:47 pm
Fender Staff

Hi SupaChamp,

So, the Fender SuperChamp X2 can load Fender FUSE Presets when it is connected to the software. However, with this amp, the idea is more to set up and save your 'Voice' settings and your 'FX' settings. This is a bit different than the whole Preset structure with the other Fender FUSE connected devices. With this amp, you save and select the Voice and FX settings you want, then adjust channel settings as desired and go. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if I can assist further. Thanks.

Cheers,

Alan

(800) 856-9801

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Nah, this is a bit unclear. When you change a voice setting in FUSE can you save it to the amp, and disconnect from FUSE, having overwritten the stock voice with your tweaks and/or FX?

The manual seems to say you can.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 pm
Fender Staff

Hi Drubbing,

What you are saying is correct. That is what I was attempting to clarify in the previous post. With the Fender SuperChamp X2, you save the Voice settings and the FX settings separately. So, I think we are both stating the same thing, but perhaps in different ways.

With the other Fender FUSE-connected products, you save a single file called a Preset. With SuperChamp X2, you save the Voice (amp + stomp) and FX (all other effects you want) as two individual pieces to the amp. Once you save these settings to the amp, you can disconnect the amp and those Voice and FX settings will be saved to the locations you selected on the amp when editing/saving in Fender FUSE. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like some additional assistance.

Cheers,

Alan

(800) 856-9801