It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
Post subject: Psychadelic Revival?????????
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:54 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Recently ive noticed something, Psychadelic rock/pop seems to be reamurging and reaching radio play, if you think about it the only significant completely fresh song of the last five years supposedly did come for MGMT, a hippie pop rock band, plus you have bands like Of Montreal running around. Teen pyschadelic drug use is at a high, every form of music openly speaks about drugs, all of the garage rock bands have lost there edge within the last two years, I mean rappers like Kid Cudi and Wiz Khalifa talk about nothing but drugs(real big, my bros into rap dont ask) could this exposure help bring about a Psychadelic revival???? Opinions??????????????????????????????????????????

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Psychadelic Revival?????????
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

pyscadelic isn't only about drugs. its also about free thinking, acceptance and a good time.
i'd love it if pyscadelic made a comeback, sadly enough in the underground here we've only got a bunch of deathcore bands that dont know the difference between killing each other and true art :roll:

i've gotta bad feeling that pyscadelic rock and the whole hippy thing wont make another comeback for atleast 20 years.

Last edited by radio_friendly_unit_shifter on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:15 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

I've seen way too much of that whole drug scene back in the day. If it doesn't outright KILL, it ruins good people, families and lives. It is absolutely NO GOOD!!! I URGENTLY recommend all who may think it inviting to stay FAR AWAY from it ALL!!! Oh, and it ain't cool either, not by any means!

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

oh and by the way, trippy as picture! awesome 8)

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:28 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I don't think Anything will make a comeback thats been done already. I mean there are still bands doing all sorts of music. I think that when something gets so big it becomes a new form of music (like grunge did for a few years) but what has already been done will still be done, but not on a level that would constitute calling it a comeback. See all the good music is small scale, then when it goes mainstream, it gets played out. it loses its charm. Just my opinion. There is still great music out there, psychedelic or other forms, but drugs don't have a lot to do with it. Don't get me wrong, I like drugs,maybe not as much as I used to, and I appreciate alcohol a lot more now than when I was younger, but I like music too, and a lot of different kinds, ya know. The two go together but stay in their own parameters at the same time. I don't need drugs to enjoy music, and I don't need music to enjoy drugs, But they are great together at the right time... For Me. But I did like music Before I liked drugs.......................What was I sayin????? :mrgreen:

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

fjbass wrote:
I never left that music behind. Great then, great now! :D

Right on!

8)

Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:54 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

Really,I've never known many musicians who didn't do something mind altering...but drugs are alot different nowadays than when I was younger,and most guys my age have left the stuff behind,drugs,not music....grass probably being the exception...it's more accepted.I get tested at work so I'm clean. 8)
I wouldn't have a clue about some of the drugs out there now...and really don't care.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:55 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Retroverbial wrote:
fjbass wrote:
I never left that music behind. Great then, great now! :D

Right on!

8)

Arjay

Nice Find Arjay, I loved R Crumb! and the freak bros. That is Good reading! 8)

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:25 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Oh I hope not. I survived those times in the H'wood studio scene. Recordings from that time sounded great then..... Now when I listen to a lot of that music I shudder

Blacktop Telecaster
Gretsch 6120

Pignose
Super Champ XD
60'sTwin Reverb

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:36 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Free Form Jazz Odyssey anyone? Roll Tape! 8) I don't know about anyone else, But these guys take me places, http://www.youtube.com/user/propolispil ... luf1xfN1-I

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Marvin65 wrote:
Nice Find Arjay, I loved R Crumb! and the freak bros. That is Good reading!

Crumb was da bomb!

:mrgreen:

Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Marvin65 wrote:
I don't think Anything will make a comeback thats been done already. I mean there are still bands doing all sorts of music. I think that when something gets so big it becomes a new form of music (like grunge did for a few years) but what has already been done will still be done, but not on a level that would constitute calling it a comeback. See all the good music is small scale, then when it goes mainstream, it gets played out. it loses its charm. Just my opinion. There is still great music out there, psychedelic or other forms, but drugs don't have a lot to do with it. Don't get me wrong, I like drugs,maybe not as much as I used to, and I appreciate alcohol a lot more now than when I was younger, but I like music too, and a lot of different kinds, ya know. The two go together but stay in their own parameters at the same time. I don't need drugs to enjoy music, and I don't need music to enjoy drugs, But they are great together at the right time... For Me. But I did like music Before I liked drugs.......................What was I sayin????? :mrgreen:

:lol: thanks for the smile Marvin, "I like drugs,maybe not as much as I used to", I gotta start wearing a diaper or either stop reading your posts :lol:

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 pm
Amateur
Amateur

2011 is the 25th year Widespread Panic have been recording music and touring. They are also one the highest grossing bands in the world. Radio doesn't play WSP and they sure don't film "pretending to play" video clips for the television audience.

Psychedelic trippy hippies are everywhere and have made those musicians multi-millionaires a long time ago. It doesn't suck to be in Widespread Panic.

With some friends playing a Tom Waits tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDqegynFouU

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:44 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Oh man Arjay..I have to dig up my Mr. Natural comics now!

Keep on truckin...

"You can't spend what you ain't got, you can't lose what you ain't never had" ~ McKinley Morganfield

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:16 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

DHD wrote:
2011 is the 25th year Widespread Panic have been recording music and touring. They are also one the highest grossing bands in the world. Radio doesn't play WSP and they sure don't film "pretending to play" video clips for the television audience.

Psychedelic trippy hippies are everywhere and have made those musicians multi-millionaires a long time ago. It doesn't suck to be in Widespread Panic.

With some friends playing a Tom Waits tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDqegynFouU

WSP and groups like Phish and other "jam bands" are kind of the offspring of groups like the Grateful Dead and the Allman Bros.....you didn't hear much of those guys on the radio either except for a few of the more radio friendly songs they had....their real deal element was when they were live and flying by the seat of their pants...few did it better.
I've seen Dave Schools,I think his name is,several times with Warren Haynes and Govt. Mule after Allen Woody died...he was a great bass player.
I met and talked with Haynes and Woody at seperate times before they were in the Allman Bros. and way before the Mule,and their influences were the same as mine...those '60s bands like the Dead,the Brothers,Clapton,and Mountain and Cream...that's where the music comes from now....and has stayed alive,thanks to the newer bands,and I'm glad.
My youngest son loves and plays that stuff live,and he was born in '85...jammin' will stay alive no matter who doesn't like it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next