It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fr 50 CE: Chinese and Korean
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:20 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have a Chinese Fr 50 CE resonator I play daily. I recently purchased another Fr 50 CE used as a "backup" since they are out of production. When it arrives I find out it is made in Korea with no serial numbers. Not a bad guitar but not the same as the Chinese model.
I am looking for data on the differences between the models.

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Fr 50 CE: Chinese and Korean
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:07 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

It's quite possible there are no differences in original specs - the China/Korea may be just because of a change in the subcontracts Fender had.

You have both guitars, so do you notice any differences? And what years are the guitars from, were they built relatively close to each other or with decades difference?

AFAIK all Fender acoustics (and acoustic/electrics) had a serial when they left the factory, so if there is none to be found, that should cause at least mild suspicion. But on the Korean version, it may have been on a sticker on the headstock back, and all stickers carry the risk of coming off - intentionally or by accident.

Post subject: Re: Fr 50 CE: Chinese and Korean
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:10 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I had a similar concern. I just recently purchased a secondhand FR-50, and someone had tried to remove the serial number sticker altogether, so I have no idea what the serial number is. Does anyone know if the serial number can be found elsewhere on/in the body?

I love the guitar and have no issues with it, but would like to have the serial number for documentation purposes. Any help would be appreciated!