It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post subject: MGT 4 effects mode
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:48 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I noticed in effects mode my MGT 4 does not work all 3 effects in the presets. I downloaded Sunshine of your love and it has two effects number 1 is pre and 2 is post. I get 1 red light for number 2. And it's the 3rd light but if I step on it light goes out but sound does not change, reverb is still on.
I think this is a problem with the downloaded presets.

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: MGT 4 effects mode
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:53 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

You probably have the effects order NOT set to default. Press the menu button and then to "footswitch" then "4 button footswitch" and scroll to and select "fx assign". Make sure it is set to default.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:14 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you for the fast reply.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:22 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

No problem. Did that do the trick for ya?

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:44 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I will be home at 7:00 and try it out. I hope it works. I have never had good luck with the pedal and effects. I. can never get a good waw sound .Not even close. I know I am missing some setting to make it sound good.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:14 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Are u talking about getting a good wah sound from the GT with the EXP-1 pedal? If so, i found it hard too but i finally got one even tho i never use it. (created it for a particular tune my bass player decided not to do) If thats what you mean let me know and i'll tell you what all the settings i used are. Assuming of course it does sound good. Did this a while back and i just recall it seemed good after a lot of tweaking.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:19 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Ozard
That would be great to try your settings. I am willing to try anything to get the EXP 1 working.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:37 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Ok you were right t was not on default. Set it to default and all is good .
Looking forward to trying your settings.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:03 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Ok, try this. I assume the wah is already added in the preset. first thing to do is make sure the wah is BEFORE the amp model. If it's after u will never make it sound right. It should be the "pedal wah" effect. there are 3 settings, set them as follows...
mix: 5.6
pedal: 9.1
type: babys cryin

now go to the menu and to footswitch>exp-1>preset settings and adjust the settings as follows...

In the blue box use the data wheel to set it to "pedal wah" then hit the layer button to get to the settings below it and do the following...

vol: whatever u want. i use "off" because i don't want the volume pedal to be active when i click off the wah.
exp: amp/fx
parameter: pedal
heel: 1.0
toe: 9.7
live mode: off
byps: on
rvrt: off
expr: default

By the way, the amp model and settings u use may make it sound less good than it does with the model and settings i use, so u may have to do some fine tuning. Lemmie know how it works out.

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:02 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you for the setup, works great. The wah could be a little more . I have a GT 100 . If I could get it a little more intense for lower volume it would be perfect.
Thanks again Carl

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:18 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Wow, MORE intense than it is now !!!? Ok, your funeral. :mrgreen: But yeah, if you want more just raise the 1st setting up higher....the "mix" setting. Glad to hear it's worked out tho. Good thing for you my friend asked to do white room or i'd have never bothered making a wah patch !

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:31 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you I will try that.

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:07 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Turned it up but did not help. Very little wah effect.
I think my amps built in effects are not working. At first I thought it was the MGT 4 so I exchanged it for a new one and that did not help. Something is not right.
Checked my purchase date 5 / 18 . So warranty is over. Wah is there but so week not worth using.

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:39 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Hmmmm....i don't know what it could be, but as long as u r sure you did all the settings as i gave you then i gotta think the firmware is corrupt. I would try doing a "forced update" which will overwrite the current firmware version with a fresh install of the same version. You can do it by holding down the data wheel button and the middle layer button at the same time and turn the amp on and keep holding them for about 5 seconds. Don't quote me on this, but i believe that will overwrite the firmware only and not lose any of your presets, but i can;'t promise u that. I have done it but it;s been a long while and i'm quite sure i didn't lose them. But if thats a major concern write down all your settings first for any presets you have made that are important just in case.

By the way, the EXP-1 pedal itself is rather flawed with the GT line, so thats a possibility. Tho mine works so probably not. But it is a potential issue. Mine does a lot of weird stuff but at least the wah is working unlike yours. Double check all the settings i gave you too.

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

@Carhop, You should be able to actually see if the pedal is working or not by scrolling to the wah pedal on your preset. As you move the pedal the setting should change on screen. You can also see how much the setting changes with one whole movement of the pedal.

Also, are you sure you have the the pedal set to control the wah "pedal" setting and not the "mix" setting? It's an easy mistake to make as it defaults to "mix", which is somewhat annoying.

Go to page 1, 2  Next