It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post subject: PLEASE NOTE: Fender® FUSE™ is no longer actively supported
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:47 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!

Fender® FUSE™ is no longer actively supported by Fender.

Please Note:
- If you wish to download this software, you may experience functionality issues.
- Fender no longer offers technical support for issues arising from the installation or use of Fender® FUSE™.

This was the LAST thread by ForumAdmin before he locked the entire Fender Fuse forum.
I wonder how many of us (yes...includes me and my Super Champ X2) wasted our hard earned money on products that will eventually become a one trick pony once every option on the amp that is Fuse related starts to fail? Hell; reading the forums, sounds like "failure" has been an on-going problem for some time...probably why Fender chickened out.
Glad I got rid of that piece of junk Mustang IV---now I gotta find some sucker (like me) to buy my SCX2.

'12 Standard Strat
'13 CD-60
'15 Standard Strat
'15 T-Bucket 300CE Amber
'15 Rogue RA-100D (Beater)
'17 Epiphone Ltd. Ed. SG Special-I
'17 Epiphone Les Paul Studio LT

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: PLEASE NOTE: Fender® FUSE™ is no longer actively support
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:29 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

White Dog wrote:
I wonder how many of us (yes...includes me and my Super Champ X2) wasted our hard earned money on products that will eventually become a one trick pony once every option on the amp that is Fuse related starts to fail? Hell; reading the forums, sounds like "failure" has been an on-going problem for some time...probably why Fender chickened out.
Glad I got rid of that piece of junk Mustang IV---now I gotta find some sucker (like me) to buy my SCX2.

I tried to warn folks about these trendy-but-fleeting fads but few if any heeded the alert. I'm sorry you got burned that's just the nature of technology developed by designers and engineers who dwell in ivory towers.

(truth is difficult concept for many and this thread will likely be locked as well)

:(
Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:56 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Why do you feel this thread will get locked? I'm not breaking any Forum rules. I'm merely giving people an opportunity to discuss their feelings on this topic.
I'm pretty sure, the "Fuse" forum was locked because it was the Administrators way of showing that they (Fender) will no longer be fielding questions and/or entertaining queries customers and forum members have on the topic.
The amps are still in existence, so, like it or not...there is gonna be discussion about them.

By the way "truth" is not a difficult concept for me Arjay; and even had I seen your "warnings" (which I did not) why would I be a fool had I not heeded them? After all, you (like me) are just another stranger on the internet.

I'm not even sure I feel "burned"---mostly disappointment that a Corporation of this nature would completely abandon a concept that THEY created and introduced to consumers...made many, many moneys on...and walked away with no explanation.

'12 Standard Strat
'13 CD-60
'15 Standard Strat
'15 T-Bucket 300CE Amber
'15 Rogue RA-100D (Beater)
'17 Epiphone Ltd. Ed. SG Special-I
'17 Epiphone Les Paul Studio LT

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:59 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Fender has so many other new products they’re dealing with can you really expect them to keep up with everything since 1946?

Time marches on, out with the old in with the new.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:55 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Relic G Man wrote:
Fender has so many other new products they’re dealing with can you really expect them to keep up with everything since 1946?

K gotta come out of retirement for this one.

1946? Where is that date coming from? You can still buy a Fender Mustang V2 amp new today.

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/guitar-am ... 00000.html

On the other hand, full support for Windows 7 ends January 2020. Since Windows 7 was released literally a decade ago, Microsoft released Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. They also produce Microsoft Office. And they sell hardware like mice and keyboards. Let's not set them up with excuses. They're a retailer who chooses to work over their customers for repeat sales. That's all.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Nobody is suggesting Fender keep on fully supporting products from 1946.

That said, it is probably more likely you would actually get some kind of support from Fender on a product from 1946 if you asked them nicely than on an electronic product from 1996, which would still be far more likely than on an electronic product from 2006.

The majority of the new electronic products getting introduced every NAMM are priced low because they are to be considered disposable.
As in, not economically feasible to repair.

Don't dismiss the remarks of old codgers just because they come from old codgers.
Many times you will find they are actually more experienced than you and you should heed their advise instead of mocking it.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:39 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

BMW-KTM wrote:
it is probably more likely you would actually get some kind of support from Fender on a product from 1946 if you asked them nicely than on an electronic product from 1996, which would still be far more likely than on an electronic product from 2006.

Again, you can buy a Mustang V2 brand new today. July 30th 2019. No reason they should be pulling the plug on Fender Fuse. And going by the example set by literally thousands of tech companies, one could not predict this failure to deliver. Fender is the problem in this case. I get the concept of disposable tech, but this ain't it.

Same old codgers predicted the hardware in my V1 mustang amp (purchased 8 years ago) would have failed by now. They were incorrect. And that's after a musical director smashed it with the cast iron base of a mic stand, and another guy leaned on it and knocked it off amp stand. Took a licking. Keeps on ticking.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:15 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

With any mass produced products you get some outstandingly good ones and some real lemons.
Personally, I find the general rule of thumb is that the lower the price-point the more likely you are to see a wider discrepancy and the higher the price-point the more likely you are to find a higher level of consistency.
That is not a hard and fast rule that applies to all aspects of every product line.
People will always be able to point to exceptions but as a generalization I think it is apt.
I think it is more damaging to consumer confidence if people use those exceptions as a way of encouraging others to go down a road they eventually regret because it turned out they were not the exception and they were instead the rule.
I myself have very bad luck with low priced electronics.
The universe has not seen fit to bless me with finding the exception.
That's the reason I learned a long time ago to gravitate to quality even if it costs more.

There can be exceptions and that's great as long as we understand the exceptions are not the rule.
Just like codgers.
The exception is they can sometimes make a bad call.

As for Fender's abandonment of Fuse, I think understanding that decision would likely be beyond my ability to reason.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:08 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

BMW-KTM wrote:
I myself have very bad luck with low priced electronics.
The universe has not seen fit to bless me with finding the exception.

That's surprising actually. Ever had an iPhone? Dell brand PC? A Mac? How about a Chromebook made by Dell, Acer, Asus or Samsung? Nintendo? How about Panasonic brand electronics? Pretty sure my Panasonic brand "Diskman" would still work today. Maybe you're buying the wrong brands (see FMIC - haha).

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:04 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

I think if you read my comment again you may note that I specified low priced electronics as being areas of problem for me in the past.

The problem we are talking about here is related to Fender products that use FUSE.
Those products are not on the high end of the Fender price spectrum.
People may complain about the price of them but that only goes to show why we find ourselves in this state of being inundated with low quality Chender products.
People don't want to pay more money to get a better item.
They are happy paying the disposable price but then they complain when their product turns out to be (surprise ....) disposable.
That's not the complaint here this time.
It's about a lack of support and we have touched on that.

For the record, I type this on a MacBook Pro that is very reliable but cost me roughly 3 times what a common brand would.
I have a Panasonic Lumix point and shoot camera that is marvellous but it was priced more than double what many of the other cameras in the display case were priced at that boasted similar selling-point specs.
I do not consider either of those to be low-priced electronics.
They are high-priced electronics.
Or higher than low, at least.

As for Dell computers, they are my nemesis.
I have owned 3 Dells in my life.
The first one in 2000 was great.
It was the reason I made the mistake of buying two more, both of which were colossal lemons.
Their one redeeming quality was that they lead me to finally consider paying the premium required to enter the Apple universe.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Ok true, forget any Apple products. Never cheap.

But Dell? I've rolled out thousands of them just this year. Very good hardware. Just don't buy from their "Vostro" line if it still exists. Vostro is Dell like Squier is Fender if you know what I mean.

Truth is, the end of Fender's non-existent support isn't a problem if you know a good amount about how to use computers. You can run Fuse inside a virtual installation of Windows. Hell you could run it on Windows XP if you wanted to.

And there's always Remuda if you want to go that route.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... muda&hl=en

Oh, my Panasonic "Diskman" type device was cheap. I've had lots of cheap Panasonic equipment. Their cheap stuff keeps up with their top shelf stuff unlike Sony.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:11 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Don’t get me started with Apple. I’m no Apple fan (but. I am an owner), nor do I subscribe to any one car, TV, or OS manufacturer. In reality models, ownership, technology, and 3rd party participation changes like the weather just like politics and the stock market. Your father’s experience is long gone good or bad or maybe not. Intel and Apple are pretty much joined together. Who woulda thought? That great Apple of old may not be equally represented today. In some ways it may be surpassed or marketing will give that perception. That hasn’t changed.

Apple MacPro laptop problems have reared their ugly head lately. Dell had rumours of covert security issues; although, unconfirmed. They all have quirks.

Fender’s Fuse? Sad, that more wasn’t done; but, what was done for the buck was not unlike enjoying a few good night’s out on the town, and some are still rockin’. The worst is a pretty nice twin cab converting my Mustang IV should I decide to go that route. Meanwhile, even with it’s shortcomings, it does what was paid for . . . and then some. IMHO.

It’s toss up. Old designs are cool, but not always better. New ones are cool, but also not always better. The opposite is also true.

Those same offshore countries making our guitar gear are now building our luxury cars and making moon shots in space.

Hard to say where the inconsistency is going, but customer support is more important than ever me thinks. Otherwise we’ll be talking to a vending machine :wink:
FSB

Give me light, give me reliabile, give me a deal, and give me support. Oh yeah . . . Throw in good. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme. :lol: Ymmv.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:37 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

Don't get me started on moonshots, brother.
I have much to say on that whole fiasco and it isn't the kind of pleasant conversation that is allowed here.
LOL

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:48 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

ghost_of_strings wrote:
Relic G Man wrote:

K gotta come out of retirement for this one.

1946? Where is that date coming from? You can still buy a Fender Mustang V2 amp new today.

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/guitar-am ... 00000.html

On the other hand, full support for Windows 7 ends January 2020. Since Windows 7 was released literally a decade ago, Microsoft released Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. They also produce Microsoft Office. And they sell hardware like mice and keyboards. Let's not set them up with excuses. They're a retailer who chooses to work over their customers for repeat sales. That's all.

I’m talking about every single product Fender has ever created, and released since 1946 all the way up to this day.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:17 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

BMW-KTM wrote:
Don't get me started on moonshots, brother.
I have much to say on that whole fiasco and it isn't the kind of pleasant conversation that is allowed here.
LOL
I hear ya, bro’. I’ll reserve my thoughts until I get a good one. :lol: I haveta tell you, however, I touched the moon (rock). At least that’s what astronaut Marc Garneau told me. It didn’t look anything like the one in the night sky. I’m not saying it was a moon rock, but pretty cool if it was. 8)
FSB

Factoid: President Nixon gave 270 moon rocks as gifts. Were they moon rocks? Hmm. We all know how truthful Tricky Dick was. :lol:

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next