It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: New Lefty Squiers!
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:13 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

This is most welcome news! https://shop.fender.com/en-US/squier-electric-basses/
A new 60's Classic Vibe Precision and a redesigned 70's Classic Vibe Jazz! Before there was no lefty Precision at all. Both with poplar bodies, so gone is the natural finish Jazz in two piece maple and sunburst basswood bodies. Selection is limited. Precision is sunburst only with an Indian Laurel fretboard. Jazz is 'any color you want so long as it's black' with a white maple neck no fretboard. These most certainly are great learning tools that the beginning bass player can grow into and even gig. Upgraded pickups with AlNiCo V magnets. Very nice and very affordable too. What's not to like? 8)

2018 Rumble Studio 40 Combo
2016 Rumble 200 Combo
One day they shall name a GREAT city after me, and they shall call it LINNINGRAD

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: New Lefty Squiers!
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:04 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

That's cool that they offer those. I'm actually left handed, but I learned to play right handed, primarily because there weren't any left handed instruments available, and it didn't affect me to learn that way. I've actually been curious to see if I could learn how to play on a lefty bass, even though I've been playing righty for about 31 years, just to see if I could do it. It's too awkward to flip a bass over Hendrix style, and try that, because of the way the strings are, and the way my brain has been conditioned to play. I imagine with an actual left handed bass, that would be less awkward, other than switching hands.

Post subject: Re: New Lefty Squiers!
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:03 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I like all the Classic Vibe basses that were recently announced at 2019 summer namm. A real home run from Squier.
I play short scales, so am focused on the Mustang, but the others look really good too.
It's great they haven't forgotten about lefties. It's usually slim pickings for them.