It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Post subject: Re: How cold is it where you are?
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:48 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

66 degrees.

Fender Play April 2019
Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:09 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

66 degrees.

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:24 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

67 degrees. I think it's supposed to rain again. :roll:

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:31 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

62°F/17°C
High of 74°F/22°C expected
Partly sunny or is that partly cloudy :?: :lol:

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:40 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

67 degrees.

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:36 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

67°F/19°C Expecting 80°F/27°C

Supposed to be sunny all day; but, around here they say wait 5 minutes it’ll change. That’s about the only truth that comes from the weather office that moved from here to another province. Might as well wet a finger and stick it in the wind. :|
When I was on my first fishing trip far up north it amazed me that clear sky on a sunny day could turn very violent without warning and disappear within 5 minutes. :shock:
Often when relaxing in the backyard with a predominantly blue sky a black cloud will appear overhead, drop it’s rain and circle around for another pass amongst the pillowy white ones that surround it.

One good thing. It’s not often dark. Lightning by the dozen is likely to light up the sky with surround sound rolling thunder that’ll rock your bones and house. Then there’s always the chance of hail to cool our suckies while we lament possible damage to discover when it calms.

We are fortunate to have ambient sunlight into the early evening though.

Welcome to the prairies. No climate change needed to apply.

FSB

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:57 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

67 degrees, and foggy.

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:31 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

I always thought the fog was cool, but my wife doesn’t care for it at all.

Well, I thought it was cool in an eerie way. That was until I heard the chug of big marine engines coming my way alone on a calm sea with me more or less motionless in a 17 foot fibreglass fishing boat. A big metal commercial fishing trawler revealed itself like a ghost ship from the surrounding thick fog seemingly coming from nowhere in sight, and it came head on passing me by a few yards as I looked straight up at it. It tossed my boat and motor over the trail it left behind. The fish and harbour seals below probably thought I was jigging the stripped herring bait. :P
Either he saw me on his radar or didn’t. Can’t say. Lucky for me I wasn't crossing his gigantic bow or on his sonar. The experience and relief, however, did give me a different outlook on fog. :shock:
FSB

68°F/20°C
expecting 83°F/29°C and sun today. 8)

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:12 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

It can get pretty intense here with fog. Usually, you can hear the fog horns going off from the harbor all night, when that's the case. It's kind of adds a spookiness around here. The only thing about it, is it also makes it pretty humid, which isn't so comfortable if you're doing a long walk. Still, at least it's not as bad as Florida right now. :P

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:18 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

PaulLF wrote:
It can get pretty intense here with fog. Usually, you can hear the fog horns going off from the harbor all night, when that's the case. It's kind of adds a spookiness around here. The only thing about it, is it also makes it pretty humid, which isn't so comfortable if you're doing a long walk. Still, at least it's not as bad as Florida right now. :P
Gotta love those foghorns, Paul (as long as you can sleep). I’d like one for the car. I think that would be cool here in the flatland.

When I was young and adventurous I had a 4 track quadrophonic reel to reel with a sample tape. After running inline speakers from the bedrooms to the kitchen into the living room, I had a mystery bullet train tracking from left to right down the avenue and a jet plane that followed taking off in the opposing direction. Worked pretty good for a laugh.:lol:
What isn’t funny is driving through fog on a narrow mountain road at high altitudes.:shock: A foghorn echoing in the hills would be pretty awesome. 8)
FSB

23°C/74°F

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:57 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

The foghorn doesn't bother me, since I'm typically up during the night, and I've conditioned myself to sleep with some sort of background noise (usually a radio station on the satellite TV) for many years. It's actually too weird for me to sleep in total silence.

That's pretty cool you had speakers rigged up like in your place. I used to have a component system with 4 main speakers, and a couple of satellite speakers for a surround sound set up. The damned thing cost me $2600 back in the early 90's, and took forever to pay it off.

My mom actually financed me for it, since I had no sort of credit cards or anything like that. That's why it cost me that much, but I got it right away. The funny thing, I was just originally going to get some sort of cassette player, because the one I had crapped out on me, but I wound up getting this whole system with these huge 15" speakers, receiver, tape deck, and a multi CD player with all kinds of bells and whistles. She must have been feeling pretty generous that day. :P

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:54 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Wow! What a nice mom, Paul.

Funny how stereo equipment and cost has changed. Today, it could be dollar store pods, or a simple dumbed down Bluetooth speaker with wireless or a memory card. Often it’s a home theatre where expense is divided amongst integrated digital amps and and features at the expense of quality. Worse still, the good stuff needs a bank robbery because there’s so much lesser stuff getting attention and demanding price on the shelves.Not that it’s bad, but as my dad said, “Don’t expect champagne at a beer price”. :P
I’ve had some good to really good gear before the digital craze. I too have had digital like others from the get go and worked for Sony for a brief stint. I recently inherited some newer surround gear. Good thing, because the bad thing about expensive audio is that it’s expensive. In fact even more do today if you need repairs, if you can, which my old class A does. The new stuff is neat; but, my old 4 channel Marantz surround didn’t have some of the processing available today. It had the meat and potatoes missing from a lot of the servings today, and my expensive (then) 4 channel headphones with an adjustable processor rocked especially with discrete audio. They too have gone to stereo heaven with the Motorola surround mobile tape deck rockin’ with The Doors. Lately, I’ve taken to listening to analog more since reviewing some old recordings that I’ve not heard in awhile. Maybe, it’s just me, but I’m finding less listening fatigue when switching off the digital which has it’s merits too.

I’m guessing those 15” speakers rocked, Paul. Mine were small waist high towered surrounds. Two quality speakers left and right and two front and back in each tower. Should have kept ‘em.

Definition of a true audiophile:
Someone who uses this speaker and a high end quality mono playback. (They did that in the early days of stereo):

http://www.audioworld.com/audio-product ... udspeaker/

I do laugh a little at the audiophile marketing. Hey, I can include myself so I’m not throwing stones. But, In TV and radio you’ll find some awesome gear, However, you’re just as likely to see lamp cord, an old monstrosity of a turntable, and some crap speaker. Thing’s sounded better when the audience received it. A good reason to to record flat or not . . . so Sammy Stereo can tweak it to his liking. :lol:
FSB

But, I digress so let’s Take a break and go to the weather:

75°F / 24°C Now
88°F / 31°C later today
Humidity 40%

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27