It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Post subject: Petition Fender to update the Fuse software
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:45 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello, my name is Clive (new to the forum) and have had a Fender Mustang v2 and have trouble starting the Fuse software on Windows 10. I can load it most times but I think Fender should at least have the decency to upgrade the software considering the amount of people out there that own some form of Fender equipment and pay a lot of money for the said hardware. I have the Mustang V2 with the twin speaker, and upgrade from the small one. I hope that this can be achieved for the sake of all the users around the world. Please, can a petition started as I think they should update the software.

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Petition Fender to update the Fuse software
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:57 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Welcome to the Forum clivenick58 ! You might just be the Brother to get er done. Fender customer service is your friend. Have fun here!

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:19 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Hi Clive, welcome to the forum.

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:32 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I hereby sign this petition. Yes, software eventually reaches end of life. But the life cycle for Fender Fuse was similar to that of a Mayfly. How long before Fender Tone meets the same fate?

I bought a v1 Mustang amp and stopped there. Not buying another modeling product from Fender until they start supporting the software for much longer than the warranty period (which is now down to 1 year).

I'm still using my Fender Mustang III v1 for recording at home. It's a shame it doesn't do all the same stuff it could do in 2012, but whatever. Once bitten, twice shy.

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:36 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

I’ve owned software for home since 1995 even though I’ve worked with DOS even longer. Software has a history of saying, “Sayonara” and if you get the software in the beginning of it’s introduction you might have a good run before it is no longer viable. If you get it towards the end of it’s lifetime, well you get the idea. Heck! I’ve had hardware where the proposed additional workings were never developed and introduced.

Professional equipment often uses dedicated software or hardware controls to keep the operation going without depending on that which could change the game, often being the unexpected or unknown. Software developers often have issues, cost aside, transferring their design to a newer OS, browser, or application that was never intended or foreseen, and a lot of software has become or will become an online offering. iOS, as good as it is, has the luck of being mature and, because of it’s core build, is stuck with a system that can no longer move ahead without messing about with the very practice of being more or less compatible with existing users for which it is famous for. This still allows app development, however; but, at some downside for the foreseeable future. Windows, has the opposite problem. Often it tries to be everything. but not consistently good with longevity.

A new Fuse for Fender’s best selling amp would be great for me too. I wouldn’t expect too much from that or longevity though (Fender or other similar product modeling amp).

FSB

The professional Kemper Profiling Amp is a whole other brother that IMHO has it right. It does use firmware, however. A friend of mine has a large collection of amps all of which are soon to be replaced with his Kemper. Most of us are not so fortunate, although some amps’ emulation is included, and the Kemper, not for everyone, is an expensive investment. Besides, there’s a charm and mojo to having the real thing. However, for recording . . . well, check it out.

FYI

With the Mustangs and the like I think the best we can expect is the value received rather than the improvements desired. YMMV

Sure I’d like the amp and software to be better. That goes for many things. Still a good amp for what it is methinks. :wink:

Welcome aboard, clivenick58.
FSB

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:28 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks for the replies. Surely if the products are still for sale the software should also be updated still be available for today's operating systems

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:37 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Clive, I hear your frustration. I suggest you get all your facts together and call Fender Customer Service.

1. What year, make, and model computer are you using/crashing Fuse on? How much RAM does it have?

2. Do you have any non-Windows audio drivers installed? Audio capture apps, for example.

3. Have you tried optimizing your computer?
a. Shut down all programs first and then start up Fuse. Does it still crash or have issues?
b. What happens when you start Windows 10 in Safe Mode and then try running Fuse? Still problems or not?
c. If it works in Safe Mode, then check what's being automatically loaded on startup. It wouldn't hurt to check the startup, anyway, and uncheck whatever you don't need on startup. Most of those programs can be started when needed. Maybe some 3rd party driver is being loaded and causing a conflict with Fuse?

Fuse has worked fine for me all through Windows 8.1. Have not used it under Windows 10, but if there's a problem now, then Microsoft caused it, not Fender. Maybe it's something simple like security permissions. I'd also check on Windows forums to see if others have upgraded to Windows 10 and then had problems with Fuse that they didn't have before.

Fender tech support needs info like this to help them track down your issue faster and come up with a remedy.

I hope these suggestions help you and Fender get this resolved.

Best wishes, Clive!

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Johne1

I had start up issues, which in fact is caused by Microsoft 10. I found uninstalling all files of fender fuse and reinstalling fender fuse, then going into the location of the software and changing to run in windows7 before running the reinstalled software and it worked perfectly well. But my issue really was the fact that Fender should still be updated to run for all other later operating systems. Thanks for your input. Not everyone has the brains to sort out software problems as they are into music more so. I just thought I could help more people by trying to get this upgraded.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:07 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks for the update, Clive!

Maybe the Moderators can move this Topic and discussion to the Fuse software Forum here?

That might help others with the same problem as Clive.

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:47 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

clivenick58 wrote:
Johne1

I had start up issues, which in fact is caused by Microsoft 10. I found uninstalling all files of fender fuse and reinstalling fender fuse, then going into the location of the software and changing to run in windows7 before running the reinstalled software and it worked perfectly well. But my issue really was the fact that Fender should still be updated to run for all other later operating systems. Thanks for your input. Not everyone has the brains to sort out software problems as they are into music more so. I just thought I could help more people by trying to get this upgraded.

Clive, I see what you are talking about now. I went through a similar experience trying to install Fuse on a MacBook Pro.

The exact problem is that the Fuse app is a 32-bit application. The operating systems are all running at 64-bit these days and 32-bit is all but abandoned. At the very least, Fender needs to re-compile it and put out a 64-bit version. Whether they can just re-compile without changing the base code, I'm not sure.

I will post that in the Fuse Forum and call Fender in Scottsdale, Arizona and put in that request.

Clive, thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention!

Cheers,

John

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:57 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Making a 64 bit version of FUSE does make sense and it is in line with a lot of programs including audio related that come with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions for the very same reasons.

However, Microsoft Silverlight which released the last version in January 2019 along with support dropped by many, or soon to be, also runs in 64 bit; but, briefly, with sites only at 0.1% partaking in usage, that may be part of the reason for interest waning.

Browsers MS Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox have all kissed FUSE’s much needed Silverlight support
goodbye. Such is progress or poor design.

FUSE, sadly, is just one of the many losers in the field of decisions.

Perhaps, one might petition or ask Microsoft to come up with a suitable Silverlight emulation/replacement. That would be a good start. I’ll put money on that bet.

FSB

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:53 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you for the input guys it’s appreciated very much, and yes I did realise the 32/64 bit problems hence the change in properties to windows 7/8 before running the program. Silverlite is an issue also. Hopefully Fuse will help out somewhere. Thanks all

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Guys and gals, I just got off the phone with Fender Consumer Relations.

See my UPDATE in the Fender Fuse forum.

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:28 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Johne1

Can put a link on here please, that would be most helpful

Thanks

Clive

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

you can find the current version of Fender Fuse here: LINK

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]