It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Bigsby B5 Saddle Adjustment Screws
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:22 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have a Tele with an after-market Bigsby B5 (Fender Branded). It has the Jaguar style bridge with 6 saddles. A few of my saddle screws have fallen out so I ordered Fender replacement saddle screws. The Fender Custom Shop saddle screws arrived and the thread is different and the wrench size is different. I'll be returning those. Is there a way to get Bigsby B5 saddle screw replacements? I don't know if they are standard or metric or what size they are.

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Bigsby B5 Saddle Adjustment Screws
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:06 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

You need to know & tell which "Jaguar style" bridge it is before you can get a reliable answer.
Even if the Bigsby was a Fender factory stock, someone could have replaced the bridge. And an aftermarket B5 is only the vibrato, not the bridge, so the combo can be whatever.

The most common screw sizes are 4-40 (imperial) and M3 (metric); lately Fender has used also 4-48.
A thread gauge with both metric & imperial sizes would tell for sure.
Or another option: take one of the screws with you to a hardware/electronics store, test which nut fits the screws. If they don't have the hex head screws, order online.

There's a list of Bigsby parts on their website. I don't think it helps here, but in case you need something for the B5 later: http://www.bigsby.com/vibe/resources/vi ... arts-list/