It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
Post subject: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:17 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:51 pm
Posts: 24643
Location: Witness Protection Program
Doc and myself have connected with Frank (fhopkins) and despite some health issues
which he has under control, he just wants everyone to know that he is thankful for all
of the interests and concern via PMs, etc.

https://forums.fender.com/memberlist.ph ... e&u=138943

_________________
Being able to play and enjoy music is a gift that's often taken for granted.

Don't leave home without it!


Top
Profile
Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:24 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 13448
Location: Palm Beach County FL
I had great misgivings about 'Light'nin', as I had dubbed him, having lost contact with no replies on attempts to reach him. Had a brief communication with a family member during the past two years but nothing more. Was buoyed up more than I can say when Mike let me know they were in contact. Frank and I shared something in common in that we had both pulled the trigger on the Gilmour Stratocaster back in '08, and were in active conversation the Forums about that great guitar.

_________________
"Another day in paradise!"


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 pm
Offline
Rock Star
Rock Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:50 pm
Posts: 7998
Location: ʎɹʇunoɔ ǝsoɹ pןıʍ
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.

_________________
Image
Just think of how awesome a guitar player you could have been by now if you had only spent the last 10 years practicing instead of obsessing over pickups and roasted maple necks.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:51 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:13 pm
Posts: 18633
Location: Illinois, USA
BMW-KTM wrote:
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.
+1

_________________
you can save the world with your guitar one love song at a time it's just better, more fun, easier with a fender solid body electric guitar or electric bass guitar.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:28 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 13448
Location: Palm Beach County FL
Solid Body Love Songs wrote:
BMW-KTM wrote:
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.
+1

Yah! Once Fender went into Facebook the lines of communication broadened. I see more of Brad on a regular basis on Facebook with a much broader sharing of his personal and professional activities.

_________________
"Another day in paradise!"


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:36 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:38 am
Posts: 11791
Location: Canada
ZZDoc wrote:
Solid Body Love Songs wrote:
BMW-KTM wrote:
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.
+1

Yah! Once Fender went into Facebook the lines of communication broadened. I see more of Brad on a regular basis on Facebook with a much broader sharing of his personal and professional activities.
That would explain a lot. I don’t Facebook. Were I younger or have need to as I would have, perhaps, that would be different. I helped to develop a popular city Internet Tourism Mall in the 90s so I get it (social media and business and all). I can see a preference or usage for contacts, etc.

For some time contests and other grab yas have been promoting and flogging Facebook. Yes, I miss out on the benefits, but then I also miss out on data breaches and the other Tom foolery. It’s getting to be “I have the data anyhow” world, so maybe I’ll jump in sooner than later. In this topsy turvy computerized world it would be one more thing for me to manage along with self serve hitting the store shelves. YMMV

In any case, it’s always nice to hear from any and all of the gang (past and present). :D
FSB

Thanks, for the thread Mike and the post Doc . Keep on keepin’ on Frank. Best.

FSB

_________________
Hello, big guitar. Meet my little fingers.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 13448
Location: Palm Beach County FL
Fender Strat Brat wrote:
ZZDoc wrote:
Solid Body Love Songs wrote:
BMW-KTM wrote:
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.
+1

Yah! Once Fender went into Facebook the lines of communication broadened. I see more of Brad on a regular basis on Facebook with a much broader sharing of his personal and professional activities.
That would explain a lot. I don’t Facebook. Were I younger or have need to as I would have, perhaps, that would be different. I helped to develop a popular city Internet Tourism Mall in the 90s so I get it (social media and business and all). I can see a preference or usage for contacts, etc.

For some time contests and other grab yas have been promoting and flogging Facebook. Yes, I miss out on the benefits, but then I also miss out on data breaches and the other Tom foolery. It’s getting to be “I have the data anyhow” world, so maybe I’ll jump in sooner than later. In this topsy turvy computerized world it would be one more thing for me to manage along with self serve hitting the store shelves. YMMV

In any case, it’s always nice to hear from any and all of the gang (past and present). :D
FSB

Thanks, for the thread Mike and the post Doc . Keep on keepin’ on Frank. Best.

FSB


Well, MMV but not by much. I have 56 contacts and they are drawn from two areas of interest. One of them is the Fender Forums. I hide everything that matters so as not to maintain a paper trail to plow thru. I delete all the adverts. I have little interest in things that are shared from people I do not know, so I block anything likely to come from them again. I run a very tight book and, unlike Facebook's administration, do not believe I need more friends....at least not recommended by them...so all the 'you may knows' get deleted as well as 'recommended' discussion groups. All managment is interested in is giving you more fodder from their cannons. Stay safe, bro!......and keep on rock'in Martian....whereever you are. :cry:

_________________
"Another day in paradise!"


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:53 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:38 am
Posts: 11791
Location: Canada
ZZDoc wrote:
. . . Stay safe, bro!......and keep on rock'in Martian....whereever you are. :cry:
Ditto, Doc. Thanks, for the gab. :D
FSB

_________________
Hello, big guitar. Meet my little fingers.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:57 am
Offline
Rock Star
Rock Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 3954
Location: Rochdale UK
I hope Light'nin is doing ok I lost contact with him years back.
Keep it rockin' man and best thoughts to all the others too.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:38 am
Posts: 11791
Location: Canada
Rhumba wrote:
I hope Light'nin is doing ok I lost contact with him years back.
Keep it rockin' man and best thoughts to all the others too.
Good to see ya, Steven. Hope you’re still getting together with the fellas at the pub, and I hope Light’nin is doing fine too. In fact, I hope you’re all doing fine this festive season.

FSB

_________________
Hello, big guitar. Meet my little fingers.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:03 pm
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:37 am
Posts: 57
So good to here fhop is doing OK. Hope to maybe see him here again someday. Great to see Rumba again. And a very happy holidays to all. BSG


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:48 am
Offline
Rock Star
Rock Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 3954
Location: Rochdale UK
pgratzb wrote:
So good to here fhop is doing OK. Hope to maybe see him here again someday. Great to see Rumba again. And a very happy holidays to all. BSG



Is this gratz the forum master chef? If so I hope everything is going great with you and have a very merry Christmas, you're probably busier than normal just now but take time out to raise a glass with us guy's.
Cheers man!! :D

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:47 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 13448
Location: Palm Beach County FL
Rhumba wrote:
pgratzb wrote:
So good to here fhop is doing OK. Hope to maybe see him here again someday. Great to see Rumba again. And a very happy holidays to all. BSG



Is this gratz the forum master chef? If so I hope everything is going great with you and have a very merry Christmas, you're probably busier than normal just now but take time out to raise a glass with us guy's.
Cheers man!! :D


:shock: :shock: :shock: What happened to my post!?!?! I gave gratz the 'high fives' and hopes that his restaurant was still rock'in and it's gone. So here's a second serving, no extra charge!!

Doc :wink:

_________________
"Another day in paradise!"


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:06 am
Offline
Rock Star
Rock Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 3954
Location: Rochdale UK
Fender Strat Brat wrote:
Rhumba wrote:
I hope Light'nin is doing ok I lost contact with him years back.
Keep it rockin' man and best thoughts to all the others too.
Good to see ya, Steven. Hope you’re still getting together with the fellas at the pub, and I hope Light’nin is doing fine too. In fact, I hope you’re all doing fine this festive season.

FSB


Good to see you too FSB, I haven't been in the pub for a while but I might get in there over over Christmas. Have a great time yourself and I hope the new year brings all you want as well, when I get in the pub I'll raise a glass to all the forum peeps. Merry Christmas.
Cheers!! :D

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Charter member fhopkins
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:35 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:38 am
Posts: 11791
Location: Canada
Rhumba wrote:
Fender Strat Brat wrote:
Rhumba wrote:
I hope Light'nin is doing ok I lost contact with him years back.
Keep it rockin' man and best thoughts to all the others too.
Good to see ya, Steven. Hope you’re still getting together with the fellas at the pub, and I hope Light’nin is doing fine too. In fact, I hope you’re all doing fine this festive season.

FSB


Good to see you too FSB, I haven't been in the pub for a while but I might get in there over over Christmas. Have a great time yourself and I hope the new year brings all you want as well, when I get in the pub I'll raise a glass to all the forum peeps. Merry Christmas.
Cheers!! :D

Thanks, Steven. Best of the Season and a wonderful New Year for you and yours as well. Bottoms up to you, mate. :D
FSB

_________________
Hello, big guitar. Meet my little fingers.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Fender Play April 2019

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PaulLF and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: