It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Trouble saving presets after tweaks
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I'm brand new to Fuse. Just got an X2 and yesterday downloaded Fuse. Today did the firmware update. So I've only got 2 or 3 hrs altogether in it. What keeps happening so far is any tweaks I do to one setting and save it to a voice number and then try to tweak another amp similation in order to save to another voice number, I either lose one or both savings or they both save the same effects to 2 different numbers. All these places on the interface that say SAVE is real confusing. I've tried all kinds of combinations of hitting most or all of the save places. So far am not getting a clear enough answer in the instructions, which save button or buttons to use when. Any help would be appreciated. Ideally, I've downloaded user presets from this community for half the voices and then would like to tweak the other half myself, try them out live and see what works.

Fender Play February 2019
Post subject: Re: Trouble saving presets after tweaks
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:32 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Spent another hour and a half on it just using the save button top left. Still won’t save once I go to another voice number. One time I added a tremolo, hit save. Then found out every single voice number now had tremolo! Additionally I’ve tried holding tap for 4 seconds to do a factory resets. Seems to reset the settings themselves but effects on the effects knob I had accidentally changed we’re still misnamed. I could live with that but not with adding effects not saving.

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:46 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I have been told directly by fender staff that the forum is not a place where you can expect to receive product support. Instead, you are better off calling/emailing/faxing/carrier pidgeon/etc. It's only 2018 so they haven't figured out how to support you here yet. :roll:

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:10 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

But it’s their forum! That would be funny if I wasn’t in the middle of pulling my hair out. I did send them 2 messages btw

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:39 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Here's what I found....

Spin the physical knob to a present you don't mind overwriting.

Do you're core setup of fx and amp. Use the main menu to back this up by using 'save as'. Now.. pres the physical save button on the amp 2 times. You patch has now overwritten the fender default. Now if you make minor tweaks I think you can use the "Save Effects" button in the upper right to create variations of the main fx that are controlled by the "Mod" dial.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:55 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

The truth is every amp line that uses Fender Fuse has been discontinued. I'm playing armchair quarterback here but it sure seems like it's in Fender's best interest to motivate you to upgrade to their current digital offering, Mustang GT. So if Fuse stops working properly and you start to feel like you have an obsolete product, that works in their favor. My suggestion: avoid Fender digital products altogether from now on because this is how they operate. The Mustang GT people are about to be abandoned too, when they come out with the next new product.