It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Post subject: FED UP #
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:17 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have had it with download/ upload crap. My computer sucks and no joy. If anybody can help me dial in with factory presets I would be most appreciative. Does not have to be perfect. Mustang 1 v2. SRV, BILLY G , HENDRIX TONE. GILMOUR AND and priest would be awesome. Thanks in advance .

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: FED UP #
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:59 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

There are 10 pages of SRV presets alone. Is your computer a PC? If so, what version of Windows? (Sorry no Mac experience. ) Here is a link to a Youtube video on fuse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqAMHInxmkM
The computer I am using is at least 8 years old. Bought it when Win 7 first came out.

Post subject: Re: FED UP #
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:22 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I don't know any other way to say this, other than to just come out and say it.
I'm glad you are willing to accept that it "does not have to be perfect" because you are not SRV, Billy G., Hendrix, Gilmour, or Judus Priest. I know as well or better than anyone, that it's impossible to achieve someone else's sound even with the same exact spec'd equipment (guitar, amp, pedals, etc...)---I literally spent more than two decades and tons of money trying to "be" Stevie Ray Vaughan...but alas; it was not meant to be...for I am not he.
It was fun trying, and I got really good on the guitar, so it was not time wasted (wasted some money, but the time paid off in it's own way).

I guess I'm trying to say, don't waste too much time trying to sound like someone else, because ultimately you end up sounding like yourself any way. HOWEVER; attempting to achieve the sound of your favorite musician, is what eventually makes you, you...and is fun as hell.

I'll fill you in on a little secret. The closest I ever came to sounding like David Gilmour was with my 12' MIM Strat (ceramic pickups), through a Behringer Vintage Tube Monster, into a 92' Fender Ultimate Chorus solid state amp with chorus effect turned on.
You just have to experiment with what you have, and not rely on someone to develop a magic 'app' to do it for you.

There are ways to make an entire genera (Pop) of horrible singers sound "tolerable'...it's called AutoTune. But nothing has been invented yet to turn White Dog into Stevie Ray Vaughan.

'12 Standard Strat
'13 CD-60
'15 Standard Strat
'15 T-Bucket 300CE Amber
'15 Rogue RA-100D (Beater)
'17 Epiphone Ltd. Ed. SG Special-I
'17 Epiphone Les Paul Studio LT

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]