It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: AMERICAN ACOUSTASONIC TELECASTER ~ Faulty charger?
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I just purchased a Surf Green AMERICAN ACOUSTASONIC TELECASTER and love the guitar. But should the RED BATTERY light at the input jack start blinking and continue to blink when battery is low without a jack plugged in? My guitar only blinks once only when I plug a jack into it, it does not blink otherwise. Their is no warning blink. Just turns red once when I plug a jack in and then the red light turns off. No blinking. I fully recharged the guitar and the green light did stay on once it was fully charged while being plugged in to charger. Could this be a faulty charger or is this the normal behavior?

Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: AMERICAN ACOUSTASONIC TELECASTER ~ Faulty charger?
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

subotnicko wrote:
I fully recharged the guitar and the green light did stay on once it was fully charged while being plugged in to charger. Could this be a faulty charger or is this the normal behavior?
Sounds to me like the charger is doing its' job. Problem might be with the rechargeable battery itself?

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:08 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Yes that's what mine does.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:40 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Oh...I see what you're saying. My Granddaughter has an electric Scooter with (basically) the same charge light set-up.
I thought you were saying that the battery itself would charge and stay charged only when plugged in...and immediately go dead once you unplugged the charger. I'm not familiar with the guitar.
Sounds like; when you plug it in, the light will indicate that the connection from charger to battery has been made...then the light goes blank throughout the charging process until battery is fully charged, at which time the light turns green until the charger is unplugged.
On the Scooter, the light stays red until the battery is charged, and then turns green until unplugged---I think I'd prefer this system. But Marvo Ging said their's does the same as yours, so I'd assume it's normal.