It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Post subject: Re: I need help with a Tele.....
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:43 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:31 am
Posts: 13554
Location: Province de Québec, Canada
thanosvov wrote:
I can't understand why does that matter? Will it help you identify things in any way?
If it's a info that would help I could provide :)


Just curious.
You ask help , I hask you someting :lol:


Top
Profile
Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: I need help with a Tele.....
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:18 am
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 am
Posts: 12
John Sims wrote:
Where was the Serial Number and what markings are on the neck?

I'm not really seeing anything in the pictures which makes me think it is an MIA Fender so far.





There is a link in the first post with all that info but I'm posting them again here

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: I need help with a Tele.....
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:14 am
Offline
Professional Musician
Professional Musician
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 1031
Location: Rossendale UK
Looks to be a Fullerton built 70s Tele body and neck from where I'm sitting.
It's a shame the finish was stripped - there appear to be remnants of white paint dotted around.
Control plate and switch appear to be original too, but the original pots are long gone from when the pickup "upgrade" was done.
None original bridge.

I assume that the previous owner hadn't got a clue how to string up properly. 8)

_________________
Chris :)

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: I need help with a Tele.....
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:21 am
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 am
Posts: 12
stratmangler wrote:
I assume that the previous owner hadn't got a clue how to string up properly. 8)




The condition i found it in was heartbreakkng. I did the best i Could to bring it to a fair/ good playing condition.

What’s the status/ price range in your opinion? Is it a standar american tele of the era?


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: I need help with a Tele.....
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:17 am
Offline
Professional Musician
Professional Musician
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 1031
Location: Rossendale UK
thanosvov wrote:
The condition i found it in was heartbreakkng. I did the best i Could to bring it to a fair/ good playing condition.

What’s the status/ price range in your opinion? Is it a standar american tele of the era?

I suspect that it looked like this when it left the factory

Image

https://reverb.com/item/27502090-fender ... e-stunning

You'd be doing well to achieve a quarter of the price of the Reverb listing.

_________________
Chris :)

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: I need help with a Tele.....
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:27 am
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 am
Posts: 12
stratmangler wrote:
You'd be doing well to achieve a quarter of the price of the Reverb listing.



I bought it for 400 dollars.
Is it a keeper ??
;)
Please also check the schecters.
From What i see online they Are quite interesting and not so easy to find..


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: I need help with a Tele.....
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:01 am
Offline
Professional Musician
Professional Musician
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 1031
Location: Rossendale UK
thanosvov wrote:
stratmangler wrote:
You'd be doing well to achieve a quarter of the price of the Reverb listing.



I bought it for 400 dollars.
Is it a keeper ??
;)
Please also check the schecters.
From What i see online they Are quite interesting and not so easy to find..

You got yourself a bit history for a decent price.

The Schecter pickups look like their Monstertone range.
Is the bridge pickup a stacked humbucker? That would explain the why the pots were changed.

_________________
Chris :)

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: I need help with a Tele.....
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:20 am
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 am
Posts: 12
stratmangler wrote:
The Schecter pickups look like their Monstertone range.
Is the bridge pickup a stacked humbucker? That would explain the why the pots were changed.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UAKgzIhm1w


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Fender Play November 2019

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: