It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Acoustasonic Telecaster UST quit working
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:58 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Last night at a gig my Fender American Acoustasonic Telecaster that I bought in March 2019 started making a loud buzzing noise while in any of the 5-way voice selector switch positions that use the under saddle transducer (UST).

I had read somewhere that someone had had trouble with the ball-end of a string being too low and contacting the UST or the wires going to it and causing problems, so I removed the low E string, re-installed it, pushed in the bridge pin, and tuned it up.

That seemed to work, so we continued with the gig. About ten minutes later the buzz returned. To be clear, if I switched to position 1 - the electric pickup - the buzz went away. So, I packed up the Acoustasonic Telecaster and played the rest of the gig using my backup.

This morning I plugged it into my practice amp, and it played fine in all positions. Suspecting that it might take a while to manifest, I left it plugged in and the volume turned up. Sure enough about 10 minutes later, the buzz returned.

I started filling out a Fender pre-service warranty form and as I was typing I heard a very loud POP! from my practice amp. I tried playing the Acoustasonic - and the UST was completely and utterly dead. No sound from positions 2, 3, 4, or 5. Position 1 - the electric pickup - still worked fine.

I am taking into my local authorized Fender Service Center tomorrow, and I hope they can fix it for me. I am not sure what happened. I am posting this summary for other Acoustasonic Telecaster owners who may have the same issue in the future because I could find NOTHING relating to it anywhere on the web.

Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: Acoustasonic Telecaster UST quit working
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

How did it work out for you?

Don't leave home without it!