It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post subject: 57 Strat Reissue (MIM - 2001)
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:48 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I picked up a 2001 MIM (57 reissue tobacco). Not only is it beautiful, but played better than just about anything i could stack right next to it. If you get your hands on one, and your hands float from the nut to the heel effortlessly, grab it. They are corona necks, nicely finished body and cavity, outstanding overall (sound and playability). But i would have never bought it online, i tried several before i found the one that was perfect and that i was willing to drop $450 on. Came with a top of the line Levis fur lined Deluxe Gig Bag.

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:15 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

the best would be 2006 thats the year major changes for the
standard MIM strats happend. upgrades/craftmanship/quality all became
on target with most MIA strats.i have a 2006 standard did do
some modds to it. the craftmanship on this guitar is simply
Brilliant.

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I own one of the older models mentioned in this thread. It is a 1996 HSS with an awesome Crimson metallic sparkle finish that I have never seen before or since I got mine. It is a sweet guitar, and has some very unusual feature that I have not seen on other guitars. It may be a Deluxe series model, tho I am not sure.
Vintage tint neck with vintage tuners, but it has med-jumbo frets. Serial # and MIM on the back of the headstock. Spaghetti logo on front. And that crazy finish is pretty rare from what I've seen.
Love it, Love it, Love it.

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:42 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I can only comment on the one MIM I have. A 94 MIM strat, maple neck, candy red. Great guitar. Was my main workhorse for a few years, and played hundreds of shows. Still a great guitar.

Had a ton of different pickups/pickguards over the years. I went back to the (now) yellowed white pickguard and knobs, and put my 98 MIA pickups on it. Great guitar.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:14 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Well what do you know?

Finally, I'm seeing posts from others who attest to the great sounding pups in our MIMs!

For the past 4 years I've been telling folks (at another Fendercentric website) that my MIM HSS Strat w/ Floyd Rose sounds great and sustains like crazy, and I couldn't even get a nibble on my posts. (Don't take my word for it though. Listen to Andreas Kisser with SEPULTURA, he has three that are identical and he also uses the stock pups)

Oh, sure, some folks would look down from their lofty perches and imply that "...every now and then the Mexican shop would slip up and build a good one. BUT YOU REALLY WISH YOU HAD A MIA, DON'TCHA?!" and now I feel vindicated by all of your posts!

And, I hate to say "I told you so" but a little over a month ago I predicted that at the present rate of economic decay the Mexican shop would soon be building the"A" axes for Fender. (The ROAD WORN SERIES are now advertised as "The next best thing to a great sounding vintage MIA"! in fact, they're better because they're affordable and you won't have to sell your Fabergé eggs to buy one!)

Just as nearly every other professional instrument manufacturer uses foreign factories so ordinary "pre-fame and fortune professionals" can afford their top of the line instruments, so it will be with Fender.

At the present rate of the collapse of the "dollar" (sic-actually the Federal Reserve Note, a form of Monopoly munny backed by "confidence" i.e. political hot air) an American made Fender will soon be a high ticket item like a Bentley, or a Maritimo 52.

"HOW MUCH IS IT??? Why Sir, this is an American Stratocaster, and if you have to ahhsk, then you cahnt afford it! And, if you wish to try it out then I'll have to do a credit check!" :D

And, don't be surprised if your sales person cuts you off to take a phone call from an important customer like Sheik Yerbouti, who'll be inquiring about the twenty five Custom Shop guitars he is having crafted for his sons!

I for one will hate to see fine American craftsman at Corona undergoing hardship, but, they certainly won't be alone. (John Deere, Caterpillar, The Big Three auto makers, it seems that we spoiled Americans have this bad habit of eating every day and we expect living wages, and too much of corporate America views that as pure arrogance because there are millions of starving people overseas willing to do the jobs for "a dollar a month")

But, even in times like these some are getting richer even as most get poorer, and the fortunate sons will have to buy something with their loot before it becomes totally worthless. Hopefully Fender's upscale customers (gold plated, diamond crusted vanity bling guitars) will keep the buzzards off the backs of the Custom Shop artisans for a while.

As for me, well, I'm gonna buy a ROAD WORN SERIES axe and dare the "MIA-are the only REAL FENDERS"-crowd to put my axe down!

Why, I have the review right here and it reads:

"But, you really can't go wrong; any of these instruments would be great for stage or studio use, and no customization or tweaking is required!" (WHAAAAA???_HD)

"They may be made in Mexico
(trust me, they ARE, no "may be" about it_HD) but these look, feel, and sound like high-end custom shop relic guitars and basses. The Biggest problem Fender is going to have is making enough of the ROAD WORN guitars and basses to keep up with the demand!"__Mitch Gallagher (Either Mitch isn't keeping up on current events or he's whistling past the cemetery. And, how long before Mexico demands a realignment of the wages to reflect the falling dollar just as the oil producing countries did in the 70's when there was a sudden "shortage" as we waited in line on odd-even days to gas up our 8-cylinder, 8mpg, 8,000 lb Detroit Mountains?)

I also predict that the prices will no longer be included in the mailers and catalogs from the dealers. (CALL FOR PRICE) This will be the result of the steady collapse of the fraud ($) and the prices will have to scramble for altitude to try to rescue the economy, and the currency with no parachute. (The FED Banksters said "Gold backing is barbaric!" which in bankster-speak translates to, "We can't print gold!")

And, you fellers with MIAs better case 'em up and not play 'em, because you may be able to swap one for your own Pacific island or a solid gold railroad car very soon!

And, every time you play one of them it'll depreciate a few million quid! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Best/Worst years for MIM Strat???
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:14 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have a 2001 Stratocaster that has all USA fender electronics, it sounds great and it came that way.

Go to page Previous  1, 2