It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: MIM 60th Anniversary Edition Strat , Markings, description ?
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:07 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Picked up a used MIM Strat the other day at, your guessed it, a pawn shop. Had not been cleaned up and the strings were all the way dead. Got my best price, took it home, tweed case (vintage) and all. This guitar is black in color with a rosewood fretboard, tuners marked Fender. Config. is HSS, knobs are large chrome (like on many older basses), the pickguard and the springs cover is black (with swirls, looks like some type of carbon fiber material). There is a small 60th anniv. medallion on the back of the headstock with the SN, along with a stick on "special edition" sticker. The plate where the neck is bolted on has no marking and is rectangular in shape, chrome plated. The front of the headstock is painted black just like the body. Only logo on the front-side of the headstock is "Fender Stratocaster". Does this one sound like a genuine 60th anniversary edition or parts put together to resemble one "special" by some stretch of the imagination. It plays fine, without issues, just can't see another like it online or elsewhere. The pickup are also black without particular marking.
Thanks Leo's Cousin

Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: MIM 60th Anniversary Edition Strat , Markings, descripti
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:41 pm
Roadie
Roadie

Email your serial number to
Customerrelations@fender.com
They will email you back with any information theta have

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:33 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks, subsequent searches revealed some of my own questions again, "painted headstock" and the "black out swirled carbon fiber looking material" for pickguard and springs cover on back. I will try the Fender website and send in the SN for all that they can share, Thanks again, Leo's Cousin

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:13 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I'm suprised Paris has not posted yet but all strats made in 2006 carry the medallion on the back of the headstock. The one mexi and the two US all had a 60th neck plate as well.
The mexi only came in blizzard pearl. Yours could well be a special run hence the other sticker but I suspect it is not a true anniversary :D

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:08 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Leo's Cousin wrote:
Picked up a used MIM Strat the other day at, your guessed it, a pawn shop. Had not been cleaned up and the strings were all the way dead. Got my best price, took it home, tweed case (vintage) and all. This guitar is black in color with a rosewood fretboard, tuners marked Fender. Config. is HSS, knobs are large chrome (like on many older basses), the pickguard and the springs cover is black (with swirls, looks like some type of carbon fiber material). There is a small 60th anniv. medallion on the back of the headstock with the SN, along with a stick on "special edition" sticker. The plate where the neck is bolted on has no marking and is rectangular in shape, chrome plated. The front of the headstock is painted black just like the body. Only logo on the front-side of the headstock is "Fender Stratocaster". Does this one sound like a genuine 60th anniversary edition or parts put together to resemble one "special" by some stretch of the imagination. It plays fine, without issues, just can't see another like it online or elsewhere. The pickup are also black without particular marking.
Thanks Leo's Cousin

If I'm not mistaken all of these guitars came in silver.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:37 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Oskar555 wrote:
Email your serial number to
Customerrelations@fender.com
They will email you back with any information theta have

It's consumerrelations@fender.com

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks for all the replies, I sent the SN to Fender and have not gotten a response back yet. Hope this one is really a Fender, it sure looks good, although I think some of it's character is aftermarket, after having done some research. Would be easy to get back to original knobs, pickguard if necessary but as long no playing issues arise I'm good. Thanks again,
Leo's Cousin

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:16 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Ok, I stand corrected the SN to Fender gives the entire story, genuine MIM Fender, made in 2006 (thus the 60th medallion on the rear of the headstock), this is one of 300 made for GC, the "carbon fiber" looking material is actually aluminun, the "special edition" is due to it's special run requested by GC, the knurled knobs (Fender called "Tele Knobs") original to the guitar, HSS configuration is set for "special" switching by the 5-way switch, the back position is of course all H, the second splits the H and adds the middle, the rest seems to be the same.
Thanks for all the replies, Leo's Cousin

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:46 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Deleted, photobucket problems.

Last edited by Claude Gallichand on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:22 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Leo's Cousin wrote:
Thanks for all the replies, I sent the SN to Fender and have not gotten a response back yet. Hope this one is really a Fender, it sure looks good, although I think some of it's character is aftermarket, after having done some research. Would be easy to get back to original knobs, pickguard if necessary but as long no playing issues arise I'm good. Thanks again,
Leo's Cousin

Soinds like a cool guitar, but I need to clear up one thing. The little metal disk was put on all Fender instruments. I hate when sales guys try to push off every Fender guitar made in 2006 as an Anniversary model.

Can you post some photos?

2007 Andy Summers Inspired Telecaster
2007 '51 P-Bass
2012 Taylor 110
2015 Mystic Ice Blue Deluxe Stratocaster Plus

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Being new at this type technology, I currently find myself without the know-how to attach digital photos to this post. Seems none came out looking like the others I can see in this thread. But, if you got the time to get me started I did take a few shots of the Strat. Thanks, Leo's Cousin

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:32 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

i have one of the Guitar Center Special Edition

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I also have one of the "special editon" guitar center ones. Info on mine from fender, pickguard and neckplate, engine turned aluminum. Pickups bridge, fender atomic humbucker, and the middle and neck pups are tex Mex, I love mine, it's a keeper.