It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Help With ID’ing A Custom Shop Strat
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:34 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I inherited a strat recently and am trying to find some info about it. It is a beautiful guitar, I just don’t know anything about it, or what it may be honestly worth. I know “worth” is subjective, but basically want to know at least what it cost when it was new. The only serial number I found was CN506204. It has a quilted neck with a rosewood fret board and a flame top body. The headstock has the fender Stratocaster logo, and the custom shop logo on the back of the headstock, as well as on the neck plate. I tried emailing Fender directly a few weeks ago, but have yet to hear back from them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Help With ID’ing A Custom Shop Strat
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Punched that serial into the fender serial lookup came back with 60 Strat FMT 3TS rosewood.
Any further details Fender would have to supply :D

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:37 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

jimmy_james wrote:
Punched that serial into the fender serial lookup came back with 60 Strat FMT 3TS rosewood.
Any further details Fender would have to supply :D

Thanks for the reply! I’ve tried to look up and see what the approximate price of this guitar would have been new, but can’t really find that exact guitar to get an idea listed.

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

At a guess 2.5 to 3k :D

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

A Custom Shop guitar should have the COA following the guitar. And they (all I've seen…) have a case, too.
Checking the web, the model could be this one, specs for comparing in the link: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... r-sunburst
And the question might get more replys in the CS section: https://forums.fender.com/viewforum.php?f=14

Dan_B wrote:
I tried emailing Fender directly a few weeks ago, but have yet to hear back from them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This is odd, usually they respond within a couple of days. If you didn't even get the autoreply, I'd imagine the email has been lost, so try again. If they haven't recently changed it, the address is consumerrelations@fender.com

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:24 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Without a Coa, case etc. a buyer will be gambling on authenticity and their resale would be similarly compromised. You really need to get as much confirmation as you can from Fender to confirm it's provenance.

After all this time I should be better.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:18 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

jmattis wrote:
A Custom Shop guitar should have the COA following the guitar. And they (all I've seen…) have a case, too.
Checking the web, the model could be this one, specs for comparing in the link: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... r-sunburst
And the question might get more replys in the CS section: https://forums.fender.com/viewforum.php?f=14

Dan_B wrote:
I tried emailing Fender directly a few weeks ago, but have yet to hear back from them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This is odd, usually they respond within a couple of days. If you didn't even get the autoreply, I'd imagine the email has been lost, so try again. If they haven't recently changed it, the address is consumerrelations@fender.com

I actually got an auto reply that I noticed after I posted in my junk email folder that I previously didn’t check (because I was receiving other general emails from them from registering in my regular inbox). It stated I would be contacted shortly by a customer service rep. That has been a couple weeks ago, so maybe they will still contact me eventually.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:34 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Try again - even in the NAMM time, a couple of weeks is really long so your original message may be forgotten.