It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Slowest Vibrato Speed ( not slow enough) Deluxe Reverb Tonem
Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:23 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi ( my first post, just joined)
I just traded in my 68 reissue silverface deluxe reverb for the Tonemaster version.

So far I love it except for the fact that the slowest vibrato speed ( setting #1) is not nearly as slow as my former silver face. It had a beautiful S L O W pulse about 50 % slower than my Tonemaster can deliver.

Will a future firmware upgrade solve this “ big issue” for me ?

Does the “ slowest” vibrato speed rate on the Tonemaster match EXACTLY the slowest rate on the original deluxe reverb ? If it does, then that means that the Siverface has a slower rate at setting #1 than the original Blackface Deluxe reverb.

Thanks for your feedback !!!

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Slowest Vibrato Speed ( not slow enough) Deluxe Reverb T
Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:53 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

The original opto-isolator circuit as used by the vintage blackface and silverface amps had a number of variables that could (and would) affect the sweep range of the tremolo's speed control. The range could be altered by changing out one or more of the three caps that determined the ultimate tempo. I'm guessing that Fender measured the range of trem speeds among several different original Deluxe Reverbs and created an aggregate average from them and that's the sweep range they used for the Tone Master model. Altering that tempo range is likely very problematic since the amp is loaded with IC's whose spec's may not ever be available to the general public. If a wider range of tremolo sweeps is desired (and to many it is) you might look into this......

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/effects-p ... 41000.html

This unit purports to emulate every tremolo circuit ever used in a Fender amp, from the original single-tube oscillator, to the three-tube "harmonic" type, and finally the single-tube opto-isolator style. The pedal's design adds some nuances to the tremolo effect as well, plus several different styles of Fender's most popular reverb circuits.

Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks- no thrilled about needing to buy another pedal to get a slower vibrato in the Tonemaster.

So what will be the purpose of future firmware upgrades to the Tonemaster - if there are any ?

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:14 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

A dedicated headphone jack *might* be in the cards but other than that I wouldn't look for any major revisions or upgrades to the platform.

Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY