It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Backup and volume control help
Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:13 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have a couple of questions about my GT100. Hopefully somebody can help...

When backing up, is every preset backed up or only the ones you make yourself? Fender made a thing of being able to back up your presets and then go to a friends house and download them there. Would that wipe off their presets or does it only add new ones you have made when you restore?

Secondly, I'd like some help with volume controls in various amps in regards to volume and your tone. I'm fairly new to this and I'm very slowly getting my head round it.

Some amps have gain, volume and a master (the British Watts amp for example) and then there is the master control on the amp istelf. Gain is straight forward... adding more distortion.

But why are there then two volume controls? And what roughly (I understand its down to taste and tone) should I be setting them at. One or two presets seem to have them both screwed up to max and I used the amps physical control to set the volume. I assumed this was fairly normal until I read elsewhere that the master control screwed up makes the amp sound thin.

I'm guessing the two volume controls should be set lower and the physical control turned up more?

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020