It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Post subject: Mustang GT 40 Sound Cuts Out
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Second GT 40 AMP. Same problem. The sound cuts out for a second intermittently. Help?

Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: Mustang GT 40 Sound Cuts Out
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:01 pm
Site Admin

reu6857 wrote:
Second GT 40 AMP. Same problem. The sound cuts out for a second intermittently. Help?

Pardon me for asking the bluntly obvious "process of elimination" question here but: have you tried multiple guitars and multiple cables with the same result?

Follow me on Instagram:
@brad_on_guitar

And on Facebook:
facebook.com/bradonguitar

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:22 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Yes on both. Also multiple power outlets.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:53 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I had a similar thing happen today for the first time. I turned the am on and no sound. I assumed it was something else so i tried the cable direct to the input and not even a buzz when touching the tip. Patch volume was up, master was up, dead silence. Turned the amp off and back on and it worked as normal. Never had it go silent from a working state tho.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:00 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

reu6857 wrote:
Yes on both. Also multiple power outlets.

How often would you say it happens? Every single time you pick up the guitar to play? Or maybe once per week?

Cables get old and crappy - just to be sure, do you have another amp you can play through for a while to see if it happens there? Or buy yourself a fresh cable if you already need one?

I don't know how old your cables are. A little more info about the setup would help. Are you using any pedals? Try removing all pedals and just plug into the amp with nothing else connected. If it goes away, it might not be a problem with the amp.

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Same problem. I just leave mine on now.

"I'm still searching even today for a sound, like the guy that's searching for a home. I haven't been able to find that completely. I'm satisfied at times with the sound of my guitar ... But if I ever get it, I'll know." BB King

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:33 pm
Site Admin

Would you folks who are observing this "sound cutting out" behavior mind sharing what version of the amp firmware you're running?

Follow me on Instagram:
@brad_on_guitar

And on Facebook:

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:07 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I just purchased a GT100 yesterday and I am having the same problem. It happens fairly frequently, in a 30 minute prctice session it might happen three or four times.

My firmware version is 1.3.5, base version 1.0.39. I just updated yesterday when I brought the amp home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I purchased a new amp about a week ago. I had a gig last night so purposely did not update the software. I used the amp for about a week and at the gig last night and did not have an issue Just today I have updated the software to the latest version, again version 1.3.5, base version 1.0.39. Just now I was playing the amp for about 15 minutes and the problem happened again - the sound cuts out for about a second or two and then comes back. This is not acceptable for live performance. It is clearly a software problem and it needs to be addressed or I will have to return this amp and find a different amp to use. I need a response from Fender on this issue.

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:34 am
Roadie
Roadie

Never had this happen with any firmware version. Did you guys follow the recommended update proceedure using 'Force Update' instead of the regular way? See 'Mustang™ GT Firmware Release Notes (v1.3.5, August 2)'

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:47 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

fyi for anyone else who has experienced this issue - I've been in contact with Fender Customer Service, this is a known issue with the current version of the software. It's supposed to be fixed in the next release.

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:59 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Is there any update on this as of my post? I have the Mustang GT 100, and I am experiencing the cutting out after upgrading to firmware 1.5.20. It would not do this before the update (it was something like version 1.4.xx). Awesome amp - hope there is a fix soon! Is there any workaround solution?

Thanks!

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 am
Site Admin

NNeira, would you mind emailing me at ForumAdmin@fender.com? Would be great to hear a bit more detail from you as to what specifically you're experiencing.

Follow me on Instagram:
@brad_on_guitar

And on Facebook:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:25 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Seems like if it were firmware issue wouldn't everyone using the same firmware as those with the problem also encounter it? Sounds questionable to me. If i had to guess i'd bet it could be a connector. Amps today especially SS amps have often a ton of connectors inside that are notorious for making bad contact and causing intermittant issues just like this. Just re-seating them (better yet also use deoxit contact cleaner) will often fix issues like that. Of course warranty would be voided if they know you did that but i've had mine open and while in there sprayed and re-seated them just to be safe while i was in there for a different reason. Like i said, mine went silent on startup once or twice, but never in the middle of playing. To me the latter reeks of a bad contact.

By the way Brad, any hints as to when the next update is due?

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

It would be highly unlikely for this not being related to the firmware, since it was not doing this for nearly 2 hours before I updated the firmware. After updating, it started doing it within 10 minutes or so, with the same equipment. It is very obvious when this starts occurring. It is possible it could have a dependency on the guitar brand perhaps (Yamaha). I had already swapped the cords out.

Brad, I sent an email earlier today on full story with this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next