It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post subject: Re: MGT 4 effects mode
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:22 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Ok ,thank you both for the help, I think we got it now. I did the forced reset and I did have it set to mix instead of pedal.
One more thing will the ESP 1 work overdrive, been trying that with no luck. By the way the forced reset did not erase any of my add on presets.

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:13 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Yes, the EXP-1 will work with pretty much any setting. So u could use it to control the gain on a amp model and use the toe and heel settings in the EXP presets to adjust it to work from and to any point in the gain knob's rotation. For example, if you wanted the low end of the pedal to have the gain at 5 you'd set the heel setting to that and if the highest you want it to go is 7, set the toe to 7. Then the full length of the pedals travel with the gain would be 5 to 7.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:22 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

So I would need to find a preset with gain as a effect..

I give up, I am deffentley missing something with this pedal. Someone needs to do a you tube video about it. I looked once and only found a Chinese video.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:34 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Not sure what you mean, as ALL amp models have a gain setting. It's even a physical knob on the amp.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I realize that, but can not see how gain can be controlled with the EXP 1.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:47 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

menu>footswitch>exp1>preset settings. Then turn the wheel till the blue box says the name of whatever amp model you are using in the preset. Then hit the bottom layer button and set the express mode to amp/fx and set the parameter setting to gain. Set the heel and toe for the sweep you want. EX: if you want the pedal to go from 3 on the gain to 7 at the highest gain you want, set heel to 3 and toe to 7.

Are u reading the manual at all? because if not you should. Not that it's the be all and end all of figuring the GT out, but it will probably answer quite a few questions u have.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:42 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Not nearly as many as you have answered, if you ever right a book on the EXP 1 please let me know I will be your first customer. Thanks again for your time with helping me.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Looking for a way to print replys

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:16 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

You can print the entire page or just hilight and copy whatever u wanna print and paste it into MS word or even just a txt file then print that.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:13 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

oczad wrote:
You probably have the effects order NOT set to default. Press the menu button and then to "footswitch" then "4 button footswitch" and scroll to and select "fx assign". Make sure it is set to default.

This "fixed" the issue for me! I originally was wondering why whenever i added a delay effect it would never assign to one of the 3 footswitches but would always assign Reverb and any pre effects. Duh, it was set to STMP > MOD > REV. There's several options in that menu so if you didnt want the default (first 3 effects) you can find a config you like. I set mine to STMP > DELAY > REV because I will always have an OD, delay, and reverb that i want to control. If i throw a comp or EQ i dont want those to be controlled by the footswitch.

Either way, this was great info and wish stuff like this was included in the "expanded" user manual.

Thank you!

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:33 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Glad it worked for you. For me it;s a bust because none of the choices fit what i have set up in all my patches. I have to set it to default to get the most important things to be switchable, but the way my effects are in all my patches patches i can't turn my chorus on and off. I have to reach back to the amp to do that manually, and meanwhile i only have 2 footswitchable buttons because theres an effect i need that has to be before the amp thats on always and takes up one of the 3 buttons. I even have to put a metal sleeve over that button so i don't accidentally hit it. Just one of the most stupid designs i have ever seen. All they would have to do in order that you could have any setup u want is put a simple setting in all the effect models that gives you 3 settings to choose from....button 1, 2 or 3 ! That way no matter what or where the effect is, you can assign it to any of the 3 buttons. I guess thats just too logical tho, and the way this amp has gone so far it's obvious fender tossed logic out the window with this one.

TheInsatiableDre wrote:
oczad wrote:
You probably have the effects order NOT set to default. Press the menu button and then to "footswitch" then "4 button footswitch" and scroll to and select "fx assign". Make sure it is set to default.

This "fixed" the issue for me! I originally was wondering why whenever i added a delay effect it would never assign to one of the 3 footswitches but would always assign Reverb and any pre effects. Duh, it was set to STMP > MOD > REV. There's several options in that menu so if you didnt want the default (first 3 effects) you can find a config you like. I set mine to STMP > DELAY > REV because I will always have an OD, delay, and reverb that i want to control. If i throw a comp or EQ i dont want those to be controlled by the footswitch.

Either way, this was great info and wish stuff like this was included in the "expanded" user manual.

Thank you!

Go to page Previous  1, 2