It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: problem finding new amp models
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:27 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi to All,
I have a question on finding the new amp models listed in Version 2.0.21. I was able to update my Mustang GT40 amp to version from 1.3.5 to 2.025 using my home WI Fi. One of the main reasons I wanted to update was to be able to use the new Fender Dual Showman and Fender Acoustasonic amp models.

Even though the update shows successful and the version is showing correct in "about my amp" I can't find any of the new amps listed in Version 2.0.21 . I'm I doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place for them?

I do need to mention that I do not have a phone or tablet that can run the Fender Tone App so I cannot use that or the Bluetooth option. I do not believe I can connect to the “Cloud” either using regular Wi Fi on my computer. I do have the Fender USB cable. My computer is running Windows 7. I’m a brand new owner and member so please forgive in advance if this is a dumb question. I have contacted Fender support but have not heard back on this yet. I imagine they are rather busy getting caught up with the holidays. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
All the Best!
Dad roadie

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: problem finding new amp models
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:20 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

It probably didn't update correctly. Try a forced update. What that does is overwrite the firmware even when it detects the firmware on fender's server is the same you have already. Usually it would tell you your amp is already u to date and not write anything. But a forced one refreshes whats already there. I can't remember what the proceedure is and if i recall it;s no longer in the manual for V2 but still works. But i think it's only described in the old pre V2 manual which i don't have. Maybe call fender or find the old manual if you can.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:27 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Ahhh, here we go. It IS in the new manual....

To update Mustang GT if there is a problem with the previously described firmware update
process, a “Force Update” mode can be initiated by pressing and holding the ENCODER and SIGNAL PATH LAYER button while turning the amplifier on

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:30 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I found this:

To initiate the full firmware update

1. Turn the amplifier off.

2. Press and hold the Encoder button and the left middle soft-key simultaneously and turn the amplifier on. Hold the buttons for at least 5 seconds and release.

Edit: oops, you beat me to it

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:20 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi to All,
Thanks for the replies. I found out that I didn't do enough research on updates. The program had actually loaded ,I just had to do a refresh to get the new amp list up. Fender Customer service helped me greatly with this and much thanks to them. It took a couple of days for my post to be shown as I'm a new member. I now I'm able to use the Dual Showman and Acoustasonic Amps. I really wish the amp had an line out jack to record like my other Fender Amps and the other Mustang GT models. Anyone had any luck with the headphone jack? Thanks again to all that replied.
dad roadie

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:40 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

dad roadie wrote:
I really wish the amp had an line out jack to record like my other Fender Amps and the other Mustang GT models. Anyone had any luck with the headphone jack?

with this amp series, you can buy the amp that has only the features you need. Some people would never use a line out, so the GT 40 works fine for them and they pay a little less. It sounds like you require a line out, so the GT100 might have made more sense for you. You could always upgrade.

But yeah you can use the headphones out to record. It's a stereo output, 1/8". Buy they adapters you will need to connect it to whatever you are connecting it to. I highly suggest strapping the end of the wire to the handle so in the event it gets a "yank" you won't break the headphone jack. Your best option of recording on a computer is probably an external interface that takes 1/8" in. I have the older series Mustang amp, but recording quality from the headphone out was fine for my purposes.

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:08 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi dad roadie,

Just wanted to let you know that you can also use the USB port for recording using either a Windows PC or Mac with Digital Recording Software installed. It's very straightforward. The sound quality is great as well!

Also, please see this support article: https://tone-support.fender.com/hc/en-u ... ng-GT-amp-

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Josh Shapiro - Fender wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that you can also use the USB port for recording using either a Windows PC or Mac with Digital Recording Software installed.

note, if you want to multitrack, an external interface will most likely be required due to latency.