It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Fender Expo
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:24 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

New to the Fender forum here. Just recently purchased the Fender Expo system. I have used it for two DJ / Karaoke gigs so far. I did find a couple other posts for this system here on the board. Some mentioned, that there was no way to hook up a monitor. These are meant to be put behind you and serve as a monitor and main. I have been A Bose L1 Compact and L1 Model II w/2 B1's owner for three years. I would rate the Fender Expo unit somewhere between the two Bose systems that I have as far as performance goes.
With that being said, so far so good with the Fender Expo. I use my Bose T1 mixer in front of it to handle all that goes into it. I also have a Allen & Heath Zed FX10 which I have tried at home only. I have a three piece band that plays classic rock, blues and country. In the past using other line arrays, I only run the vocals through them along with maybe an acoustic or possibly the kicker. I station them off to the side and behind us. Some venue can be challenging as far as space goes.
Looking forward to trying this out with the band. I think that I would like to purchase a second one in the near future, but can't say how well it will stand the test of time. I purchased the bags as well. They are ok, and I thought they were priced ok through EBay. The trouble with the line array bag is the offset handle. It seems to put on the wrong end of the bag, therefore not balancing out right. Or, the little padded blocks inside the end of the bags that help protect the studs that protrude from the line array were put in the wrong end. Maybe my bag is just a one off and messed up. Would like to hear from others if they have the same problem. Regardless having them to protect the speakers is better than none. Will report more as I go along.

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: The Fender Expo
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:11 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Macheted01, welcome to the Forum. Glad to hear the expo is working out ok. Looking forward to more info as you use it with your band and at other venue's.

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Have a little more time invested in using my Expo now. Going great. I played a packed and rowdy bar and grill this weekend. I used my Bose L1 model II, but used the Fender Expo as well in conjunction with it. Bose, stage left and Expo, stage right. Worked great. Still no accurate video recordings that represent the Expo well, but still in the works.

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:35 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

There is quite a lot on the new Fender Expo down in the Fender Passport sub-forum.

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Thanks for the update Macheted01. :D 8)