It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Superchamp X2 Speaker Farting at louder than 7 volume
Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:09 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have tried everything. Speaker replacement, tube replacement, set the amp back to factory settings. I simply cannot get rid of the speaker farting/flubbing with the volume up past 7. this happens on low frequencies on both channels obviously the most prevalent on the E string. I have even tried turning the bass way down which helps a little but then you lose the low end almost completely.
I like the amp very much as it is great for practice and recording, and it would be useable for gigging without having to mic it for smaller venues if only it could handle the higher volumes. Sadly as it sits I can't really use it at a volume above about 7.

Is this just a THING with these amps or is something else going on that I can address?

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject: Re: Superchamp X2 Speaker Farting at louder than 7 volume
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:51 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

It's definitely not a thing with these amps...this is the first complaint I'm hearing and these amps have been out for quite some time.
Other than that, I can't help troubleshoot your problem; I have the amp head and matching cabinet (with 12 inch speaker). If you hadn't explained that you did a speaker change and the noise was still there, I would say there is a fracture in the speaker somewhere---other than that, I am stumped as well.

Post subject: Re: Superchamp X2 Speaker Farting at louder than 7 volume
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:40 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

If the speaker has been replaced, then we'll guess its somewhere else.
If the symptom is frequency dependent, it suggests a mechanical coupling that aggravates the issue.
This could be a bad tube, bad connector or bad solder.
The easiest way to decide if it is a mechanical coupling problem is to run the amp with only an extension speaker. This removes the aggravating source. If it relieves the problem, check tubes first, then solder and connectors. Look for leaky filter caps too.