It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post subject: Android App: "Remuda" (for Mustang v2 models!)
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:34 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Here's an interesting lead to the Android App Remuda that claims to be "A complete editing and control application for your Fender Mustang (v2) amplifier."

This looks like a really cool App! The screenshots show a very functional UI considering the limited display space of a smartphone/tablet.

Thanks to Lenny007's post in the Android Version? thread! As that thread seemed to be heading off in a different way, I chose to post this here, so this thread may remain focused on the software.

The Google Play Store Description for Remuda reads:
Quote:
A complete editing and control application for your Fender Mustang (V.2) amplifier. Provides complete "deep" editing of all Presets, Effects, and Amplifiers. Direct mode allows drag and drop re-ordering of presets. Performance mode lets you build a complete "set list" of song-by-song Presets, with multiple presets per song. Requires Android version 3.0 or later and a USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter/cable to connect your Tablet or Smartphone to the amplifier.
- For Fender Mustang (V.2) series amplifiers only.
- Requires USB OTG adapter/cable for connection to amplifier.
- Drag & Drop preset re-ordering.
- Preset deep editing. Edit all parameters of all effects and amplifier simulations.
- Edit the Preset Signal Chain using Drag & Drop
- Performance Mode designed for gigging musicians. Set up complete "sets" of multiple Presets.
- Dynamic mapping of Quick Access presets in performance mode.
- Performance Mode and Direct modes can be "locked" to avoid "fat finger" errors.
- Effect "Memory" remembers how you like your effects and amplifiers to be set when added to a Preset.
- Optimized for 7" Tablets.

The Google Play App Store shows Remuda version 1.0 has been posted since July 18, 2015. Curiously, there have been no reported Downloads, nor any reviews of the software.

If I had an OTG dongle for any of my Smasung Android Devices (Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone, Galaxy TabPro 12.2 Tablet, Galaxy TabPro 8.4 Tablet) I would give this a try. This may be an ideal reason to grab an OTG cable/adapter. Even though the software's priced is 2~3x more than most typical Android Apps, and it does not seem that this app has anything to do with uploading nor downloading Presets to/from the FUSE online Community, if it works as claimed, the convenience and functionality would be well worth the price of not much more than a set of strings!

Lenny007 wrote:
<snip>I found "Remuda" app from "Triton Interactive ".
I have searched feedbacks before buying app... but found none. So i'm still looking feedbacks before spending any money... if you decide to buy... let me know if its ok.

link to playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tritoninteractive.remuda

So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps

Last edited by MusicLaw on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Android App: "Remuda" (for Mustang v2 models!)
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:07 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Clever name!
re·mu·da
rəˈmo͞odə/
noun: NORTH AMERICAN
A herd of horses that have been saddle-broken, from which ranch hands choose their mounts for the day.

Last edited by MusicLaw on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:17 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

These 2 items should be in bold:

- Requires USB OTG adapter/cable for connection to amplifier
- Optimized for 7" Tablets

Very interesting. And I do happen to have a 7" Android tablet. But unfortunately, a v1 amp for now. :? :lol:

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:49 am
Roadie
Roadie

Well FINALLY.
I'm moving house at the moment and don't now where my OTG cables are right now, but I'm gonna give it a try.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:40 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

strings10927 wrote:
These 2 items should be in bold:

- Requires USB OTG adapter/cable for connection to amplifier

There's no such thing, really. It's a normal B-to-B cable, with mini-USB on the Mustang end and whatever your device needs at the other end.
No need to pay extra for something that says "OTG" on it.

However, and this is much more important, your device must have support for USB OTG in the first place, and if originally bought on a contract, it must not have been crippled by a provider.

strings10927 wrote:
- Optimized for 7" Tablets

Also not very helpful. It would be more helpful if it stated what resolution it was "optimized for"[*]. The resolution varies a great deal between devices, and the diagonal size doesn't reflect that.

[*]: When reading "optimized for", I tend to translate that to "written for, with little or no testing on anything else".

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:18 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

arth1, no and no. Now please go back to your hole. :roll:

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:18 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

strings10927 wrote:
arth1, no and no. Now please go back to your hole. :roll:

"No" is not a refutal. Please elucidate.

1: I use USB OTG with a standard USB B-to-B cable here. No adapter, no special OTG cable. Am I lying?

2: While "standard" 7" resolution was 600x1024 a couple of years ago, that is no longer the case. Now you have 4" devices with 1920x1080. An app with requiresSmallestWidthDp=600 will work just fine on a device with at least that width, no matter what the physical size of the device is. If the app uses the template for the old 600x1024, the device will scale.
If you have any information that says otherwise, please provide it.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:11 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Any one else sense a flame war about to unleash? :roll:

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:19 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Heading out to get an OTG adapter cable and a long (30'+) active USB extension cable to run Remuda from across the room.

Alternatively, the extension cable will allow running FUSE from my desktop PC (located in another room) without having to move the Amp!

If all goes well, either will work!

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:53 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I'm with Arth1 on this.. but I think you're both saying the same thing about screen size.
Must be that five year anticipation of finally finding an app that works :twisted:

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:27 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Google Play App Store shows Remuda as compatible with all three of my Samsung devices. It installed successfully on each.

The App runs and scales to the different screen dimensions and resolutions, and also rotates to both orientations of the Galaxy S4 Active smartphone and the Galaxy 8.4" TabPro Tablet. It looks great on the 8.4 Tablet. On the smartphone, if using a Large Default font size, some of the screens and displays need to be rotated to landscape to view the full field width, in others Portrait is needed to view the full list of fields. The drop down fields display vertically scrollable lists so these do not present any problems.

Unfortunately, on the Galaxy 12.2" TabPro Tablet, Remuda launches, and then instantly reports the error that: it has stopped.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Remuda can conveniently circumvent the Mustang Amp's Memory Lock when enabled on the Mustang Amp.

For example, Remuda's Direct Mode, when set to Unlocked, allows Saving any changes of a Preset in Remuda to the Amp's Preset.

Changes to Parameters in Remuda do not reflect in real time on the Mustang Amp's LCD. Nor do changes to Parameters directly on the Mustang, appear in real time in Remuda. For example, increase the Amp's Bass slider in Remuda, and the Mustang's LCD screen merely reverts to the Preset's Main screen (if it had been on the Amp's (Page 1) knobs view. Go back to the Amp's Page 1 LCD view and the knob will show the new setting. Similarly, changing the setting on the Amp, does not cause Remuda's Slider to show the change of value. Exit then return to Remuda's Amp values view for the Preset and the new setting will be displayed.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:19 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

At this early stage, of exploring how Remuda version 1.0 works, the coolest features are the very slick Rearrange Presets via Drag and Drop, and Remuda's Performance Mode that allows several Presets to be arranged, organized and grouped by a Song Title in a Playlist.

I have yet to explore Remuda's claimed features that it remembers an Effect's value settings; it offers FX Unit Signal Chain Drag & Drop Repositioning, and; Dynamic Mapping of the Quick Access Presets in Performance Mode.

So far, the App is very impressive!

Last edited by MusicLaw on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:43 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

mcarrollmust wrote:
Any one else sense a flame war about to unleash? :roll:

No.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:44 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Drag & Drop Preset Repositioning works Great! Very Legible Auto Highlighting of Selected Preset. Smooth Scrolling. A nearly effortless process that Swaps the Presets of the Memory Slots. This is done via Remuda's Direct Mode which must be Unlocked!

Note: When Remuda's Direct Mode is Unlocked, any Edits made in Remuda to any of the Amp's Preset Values will overwrite the Amp's values when "OK' is Clicked!!! This notwithstanding the Amp's on-board Memory Lock is Enabled! This can be a blessing and a curse. This is a real time saver and convenient method to edit any settings on the Amp without having to go into the Amp's Util Menu to temporarily turn off the Memory Lock each time. However, as Remuda does not have any numerical scale or direct entry value fields other than the slider interface, knowing the precise value for numerical value fields can be a bit vague and lacking in precision. For example, trying to get the BASS value back to 5.5 can be nearly impossible once you move Remuda's slider position. The lesson is always use "Cancel" unless you absolutely know you want to Save the change(s) to the Amp.

As most of the Edits in Remuda are in the same thread of dialogs, this places the burden of precise attention on the User. Unlike the Amp itself, in Remuda there is no safety net prompting of the user to confirm they want to Save a change. Moreover, Direct Mode is either completely Locked or Unlocked. When UnLocked any Fat Fingering or inadvertent touches/changes to closely adjacent value fields on your device's screen overwrite the Amp's setting with the intended changes (when you click "Ok")! I unknowingly encountered this while exploring some of the Reverb settings, and the Amp's Settings. Also, as Remuda remembers the Saved values of the Amp's Preset Values and FX Settings, gone are the default values once you Click "OK'! This too is fundamentally quite different than the way the Amp itself behaves when you recall a default Amp from the Amp Menu or an FX from the FX's menus. Perhaps an updated Remuda version may prompt users to Save, and otherwise provide users a method to recall the default Amp and FX settings as well as a User's Customized version of any Amp or FX. Currently, one could actually use the Mustang MIII/IV/V's 100 Presets to save each of a User's preferred Customized Amp settings and at least one customized variation of each of the 44 FX settings, with plenty of Presets to spare! MI/II users are far more limited.

Plenty more to explore over the weekend! :D I'm having a blast with this software....

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next