It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: How does Amplitube Fender SE work with Fuse?
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:27 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Does any one know how the Amplitube Fender SE software works with Fuse and the Mustang series?......Amplitube is also amp and Effect modeling software. Very cool stuff!....but how to you use it with your Fuse and does it allow you to use the amp modeling to program your presets on your mustang or floor like the fuse?....it has a plethora of the Fender amps, cabs, and effects but how do you use it?

Thanks
Big Al

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: How does Amplitube Fender SE work with Fuse?
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Big Al 1964 wrote:
Does any one know how the Amplitube Fender SE software works with Fuse and the Mustang series?......Amplitube is also amp and Effect modeling software. Very cool stuff!....but how to you use it with your Fuse and does it allow you to use the amp modeling to program your presets on your mustang or floor like the fuse?....it has a plethora of the Fender amps, cabs, and effects but how do you use it?

Thanks
Big Al

Hi Big Al,
Amplitube products , even Fender Amplitube SE /LE , are just stand-alone emulation softwares for the convenience of practice with various models of Fender amps and effects when you are at your computer , and you cannot link to or pilot it with Fuse software or do data interchange with the Mustang emulation software...
for example it would be so nice to have the possibility to add new models on Mustang using Amplitube models / Custom shop boutique .. but...

in the past, most of us Mustang owners (included myself) believed (and i think other new users continue to believe that) that IK Multimedia software house (that made Amplitube software line) was the maker also of the software in the Mustang models but when i asked them (technical support) by email some informations about a limitation of those digital emulations on Mustangs and i would say also in their Amplitube full version , they answered me that Fender use, and design their own software that is not derived in any way from a collaboration with IK Multimedia ..
and apparently it has nothing to do with Amplitube tecnology..

Dimitri

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:48 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

[quote=]

Hi Big Al,
Amplitube products , even Fender Amplitube SE /LE , are just stand-alone emulation softwares for the convenience of practice with various models of Fender amps and effects when you are at your computer , and you cannot link to or pilot it with Fuse software or do data interchange with the Mustang emulation software...
for example it would be so nice to have the possibility to add new models on Mustang using Amplitube models / Custom shop boutique .. but...

in the past, most of us Mustang owners (included myself) believed (and i think other new users continue to believe that) that IK Multimedia software house (that made Amplitube software line) was the maker also of the software in the Mustang models but when i asked them (technical support) by email some informations about a limitation of those digital emulations on Mustangs and i would say also in their Amplitube full version , they answered me that Fender use, and design their own software that is not derived in any way from a collaboration with IK Multimedia ..
and apparently it has nothing to do with Amplitube tecnology..

Dimitri[/quote]

Thanks for your help ...This program looks awesome but something I will consider at a later date would be a luxury item right now I have plenty of things to learn many amps and pedal effects to play with on my Mustang Floor with my Fuse so...going to be busy..... Thank Again for your Help

Big Al

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:06 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Good info.

AmpliTube Fender LE is a light edition (LE) version of AmpliTube Fender. It only comes with three amp models: '65 Twin Reverb, Super-Sonic, and Metal-Head 500. It is a stand-alone amp/cab/effect model simulator highly useful for altering pre-recorded audio tracks as a plug-in to recording software, or as a fun stand-alone product to let you jam on your computer through your soundcard.

Ableton Lite is a light version of the Ableton Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) multi-track recording software. It's hard to figure out on your own, but it comes with a useful guide in the Help files to walk you through setting up the tracks to record.

In BOTH pieces of software, you have to assign some form of recording input. In the case of your Fender Mustang, you can use the USB output to a PC as an audio recording input - preferably using an ASIO driver (you can find information about this on other threads on the forum). The only problem is that the Mustang amp ALWAYS runs an amp model, so there was no way to use the Mustang as just a straight digital guitar input.

...Until Fender released the v.2 of the Mustang and included a "Studio Preamp" model, which really isn't a model at all. It basically disables the amp and cab modelling of the Mustang Digital Signal Processor (DSP) chip and routes the guitar signal through to the output. Very nice addition, by the way, Fender guys.

You could also use the XLR outputs from the Mustang 3/4/5 as an output to a computer if you have a USB-enabled mixer with mic inputs. Nice.

Marshall Lead 12 3005 MS
Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Gibson SG Faded Special
Fender American Special Stratocaster
Hagstrom Ultra-Swede
Custom Warmoth Strat

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:49 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

FFXIhealer wrote:
Good info.

AmpliTube Fender LE is a light edition (LE) version of AmpliTube Fender. It only comes with three amp models: '65 Twin Reverb, Super-Sonic, and Metal-Head 500. It is a stand-alone amp/cab/effect model simulator highly useful for altering pre-recorded audio tracks as a plug-in to recording software, or as a fun stand-alone product to let you jam on your computer through your soundcard.

Ableton Lite is a light version of the Ableton Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) multi-track recording software. It's hard to figure out on your own, but it comes with a useful guide in the Help files to walk you through setting up the tracks to record.

In BOTH pieces of software, you have to assign some form of recording input. In the case of your Fender Mustang, you can use the USB output to a PC as an audio recording input - preferably using an ASIO driver (you can find information about this on other threads on the forum). The only problem is that the Mustang amp ALWAYS runs an amp model, so there was no way to use the Mustang as just a straight digital guitar input.

...Until Fender released the v.2 of the Mustang and included a "Studio Preamp" model, which really isn't a model at all. It basically disables the amp and cab modelling of the Mustang Digital Signal Processor (DSP) chip and routes the guitar signal through to the output. Very nice addition, by the way, Fender guys.

You could also use the XLR outputs from the Mustang 3/4/5 as an output to a computer if you have a USB-enabled mixer with mic inputs. Nice.

Great Info Thanks for the input.......We downloaded the Abelton when my Dad bought his Mustang I V.2 however it was just like you said it was difficult to figure out......I like the Amplitube software (Anything Fender) but right now like I said it would just be a luxury and I have plenty to do just to learn this Pedal box and the Fuse. Thanks again for the info. Will probably get the Amplitube software (Full Version) at a later date.

Al

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:54 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Big Al 1964 wrote:
Thanks again for the info. Will probably get the Amplitube software (Full Version) at a later date.

Al

Hi,
ahh, the Amplitube 3 (full version) is a real Toyland! you have a lot of flexibility and choice .. can be expanded at will, buying additional effects model, amp models... even one at time.
Can be driven in real time with the appropriate control pedals .. for example appropriate expression pedal.

I also advise you to try the system of competition: the Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 ...
it is a similar product .. even here the quality is high i would say even higher than Amplitube but it is a matter of tastes..
(a little example i appreciated a lot the emulation of Tape Echo machine.. very accurate .. even the possibility to add tape hiss (typical limitation) with proper knob!)

There is a full version package with dedicated integrated pedalboard (it resembles a Mustang Floor without software) to drive the software in real time ..
It 'sa bit different the way in which it can be expanded .. if i have understand well, they sell packages of various price that includes more than anything else effects (studio effects as vintage compressors an so on) and do not have available additional amp models than those already included in a particular full version.

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:05 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

frondizi wrote:
Big Al 1964 wrote:
Thanks again for the info. Will probably get the Amplitube software (Full Version) at a later date.

Al

Hi,
ahh, the Amplitube 3 (full version) is a real Toyland! you have a lot of flexibility and choice .. can be expanded at will, buying additional effects model, amp models... even one at time.
Can be driven in real time with the appropriate control pedals .. for example appropriate expression pedal.

I also advise you to try the system of competition: the Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 ...
it is a similar product .. even here the quality is high i would say even higher than Amplitube but it is a matter of tastes..
(a little example i appreciated a lot the emulation of Tape Echo machine.. very accurate .. even the possibility to add tape hiss (typical limitation) with proper knob!)

There is a full version package with dedicated integrated pedalboard (it resembles a Mustang Floor without software) to drive the software in real time ..
It 'sa bit different the way in which it can be expanded .. if i have understand well, they sell packages of various price that includes more than anything else effects (studio effects as vintage compressors an so on) and do not have available additional amp models than those already included in a particular full version.

Very interesting info and I looked at the rig 5 software and it looks great!....I was interested in the Amplitube because of the Fender line up......However I am not ready to set up a computer on stage in order to run it yet. (Not out of the question) I am using my floor and of course it's great!.....I have seen that to control the Amplitube you need the exp pedal which is fine but right now I have my hand pretty full with the floor. I am not recording anything right now and it looks like if I did want to record the Amplitube and some recording software would be the ticket.....I am probably a 1% er when it comes to guitar effects because I play mostly Classic Country Gold style music, a little Rockabilly, some classic Rock n roll and a tiny bit of blues and rock....so 95% of the time I am using super clean/rev/delay/and phaser type fender / classic Tele sound when I do use distortion it is just a hint to dirty it up a bit for some blues or some light 70's rock.....the heaviest distortion I use is when we do "Keep your hands to your self" by Georgia Satellite so my set up isn't as complexed as most players. But I do love the Fender sound. anyway thank you for the info and the advice.

Al

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:51 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks for the info and the input, that helps me a lot!