It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post subject: Effects are changing by itself
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:14 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I bought Mustang I recently and I must admit it's far beyond what I expeced bu after couple of hours I notice that some of the effects are changing without my will. For example when I do a lot of vibrato on a string (Guns 'N Roses solos) delay efect turns on. Is there any way of "locking" the settings while playing? It is very annoying when you play and suddenly the sound is changing completely by itself even when you're not plugged into the computer.

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Effects are changing by itself
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:59 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I've had that happen maybe 4 times...but I think its just cause we're on the verge of the next preset and it clicks over by accident...else search the forum...its been asked...Maybe its fixed with the latest 1.6.0 Firmware ..it doesn't happen to me enough
to bother me...but I'm playing at low volume(s) ...hardly past 4 ever ...so I guess if these babies are cranked to 7-8 ...maybe the bass response could move that thing but i doubt it ...I'd think Fender would have tested that already. What volume you playing at when this happen mostly ?

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:43 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I play mainly on 4-5 so I don't think it's the matter of volume. It happens more often when I'm plugged to pc and using fender fuse. It looks like the amp is smarter than me and tries to improve my tone by itself bt it's really, really annoying.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:17 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

:D
Smartphones ...now we got Smartamps.. hehe

Like I said - its been mentioned ... I think there working on it... I thought it was just random thing on mine..since it hardly happens.. I'm mostly playing on 1-2 tho..and yeah
seems more ppl mentioned it happened wehn plugged into Fuse...

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:22 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

This might address your problem, Arronievi.

When I play an amp on my MII I almost invariably start altering the sound in FUSE trying to make it better ( even when I have saved it previously; i.e., I want my sound to be the best it can be, and fine-tuning to me is a "life-long adventure"; I believe I can always make the sound better, with the only thing stopping me is myself!).

So when I have it sounding better, I SAVE IT! I'm not afraid of losing anything, and if after awhile I don't like my change, I'll can always do the above process again (like I said, to me it's a life-long adventure!). My point is that every time I make a change to an amp/preset setting and the SAVE button starts blinking, the sound is literally begging me for a DECISION : To save or not to save, that is the question!

If you are not doing this already, you might want to start. When you like it, SAVE IT.
I am constantly saving...and if you operate like this, maybe you won't have effects changing on you. BTW, that has never happened to me yet.

But if you are operating this way already, then of course there is some kind of glitch in the software ( that hasn't bit me yet!) that needs to be addressed.

Good luck and Merry Christmas! :)

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:36 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I guess I have to just deal with it. This is an incredible amp so I won't compain :)

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Merry Christms!

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:58 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I'm seeing effects being turned on randomly.

This seems to happen when I'm plugged into the USB, with FUSE running or NOT running.

I haven't had it happen when I'm not using USB... however I bought this amp for recording via USB, so I really need the random effects to stop. :x

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:09 pm
Amateur
Amateur

I believe what your describing is a known issue and is being work on by Fender. See page 2 of this thread for details: http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46102

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:54 pm
Fender Staff

Hi All,

This is an issue we are aware of. We have not been able to reproduce it thus far. Our software devs. are not here this week due to the holiday. But we are currently looking into this. As of next Monday, we will be back on this with our software people. In the mean time, are there any particular Presets that are showing this behavior? Or is it random? Thanks very much to all.

Best Regards,

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:52 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

It's random, sometimes I use the amp and it doesn't happen for hours and sometimes it happens right away and just continues while I use the amp. Cycling the amp doesn't seem to make it go away.

Things I've noticed/tried:

1. I have to have the USB plugged in to make it happen. It doesn't seem to happen when the amp is used stand-alone. However, it doesn't seem to matter if Fuse is running or not; if the USB is plugged into the computer, then it can switch randomly.

2. I tried switching to a USB cable w/a choke on each end thinking maybe it was stray interference, but it didn't make a difference.

3. I had thought that if I previously used the Mod or dly/rev knob on the mustang, and then change to another preset using Fuse (leaving the knob(s) turned, but the preset has no mod or dly/rev), it would trigger it, but nope, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

4. I pretty much stick to the twin, deluxe, bassman and dr presets as those are the amps I love, so I don't know if it happens on the other models.

That's about all I can offer, hope it's helpful in some way.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:58 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Random for me too...maybe 3-4x's when I first bought the Amp. Since i did the last Firmware update to 1.6.0...this baby just sings now. Now if I could only learn to play
with this busted knuckle :roll:

Last edited by aLinux on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:10 am
Fender Staff

Hi wagdog,

Thanks for the additional information. What version of firmware do you have loaded on your amp? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:16 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Alan Willey - Fender wrote:
Hi wagdog,

Thanks for the additional information. What version of firmware do you have loaded on your amp? Thanks.

Best Regards,

v1.6.0

Thank you.

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:40 pm
Fender Staff

Thanks wagdog,

I appreciate the extra information. We will be working on this.

Best Regards,

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:46 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Some more info, don't know if it's helpful...

It was getting pretty bad as far as random effects. For the most part, it was always rack effects (effects loop?) - sometimes reverb, sometimes chorus. Sometimes it would turn off the reverb if a patch had it preloaded. Very frustrating.

I started unplugging the USB after setting up the amp with fuse to record and used the headphone jack into the line out of the PC.

I then needed to change the amp/effects, so I started fuse, and after it loaded I realized the USB wasn't hooked up, so I hooked it up AFTER staring fuse (and fuse was fully loaded). No random effects switching. I've now done it this way every time, and haven't had a problem - don't know if that means it just hasn't happened, or the order things are started/plugged in matters, but that appears to be working.

Hope that's helpful.

Go to page 1, 2  Next