It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Registering the amp after buying on Ebay
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:16 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Greetings - first post from a new member - I'm Andrew - decided to start playing again after a break of 21 years - bought myself a very nice Mustang II amplifier on EBay - decided to register it on the Fender Fuse site, which I have done.

I have attempted to use the "Redeem third party software" however it informed me that the amp had already been registered - how do I get round this problem ?
Is there a way to deregister ?

I've contact the guy who I bought the amp off and unfotunately he is not aware of any of this - he bought the amp second hand himself and also hasn't really bothered with the Fuse software.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Registering the amp after buying on Ebay
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:46 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Sorry Andrew....Fuse is no longer supported by Fender (it's all over these forums...even by Fender themselves)---there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Should have researched BEFORE you purchased the amp.

P.S.- Don't shoot the messenger...wasn't 'my' decision.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:11 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks for the reply and info - maybe I should have done some research........but to be perfectly honest I don't think it's going to matter that much - the amp itself has got loads of great features and effects - and it only cost me 50 quid (that's about US$62) and it's in fabulous condition.

looking forward to spending some time playing again - and also browsing this forum.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:43 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

You bet...no reason not to still enjoy it. I'm still enjoying my Super Champ X2 as well, Fender dropping support for Fuse software has not pushed me to get rid of the amp...still like the way it looks and sounds.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:07 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Welcome andrewt67:

Perhaps, there Is a back door answer.
Here’s a thought.

Fender sells an Expression pedal on their web site. You can check out Quick Start for a Fuse link here;

https://shop.fender.com/en/intl/accesso ... 50000.html

Or directly here:

http://fuse.fender.com/

Because Mustang’s Expression pedal is currently sold online and elsewhere, it is or should be supported. Therefore, one can reasonably note that it requires a Fuse setup. Yada Yada. Mustang, as you know, can operate independent of Fuse. Caution: Before you address that, also unsupported and included with the installer, you’ll want to check MIcrosoft Silverlight, abandoned by Microsoft. Can it still be downloaded and installed to work with your computer? If you can’t this is all moot.

Anyhow, you’ll figure out the direction to take.

With a little ingenuity, and some groveling (just kiddin’), I’m thinking you should be able to get Fuse up and running’ if you haven’t already (unsupported of course).

If you talk nicely to Ableton they might feel kindly as it’s good PR to help you get a copy of Live Lite here (check the last link on the Ableton’s page):

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... -Live-Lite

It’s a stretch, and the version might be a little different, but it’s worth a try,

There are plenty of free AmpliTube options on the Net. Check ‘em out. Not identical to Mustang’s bundle; but, you’ll find some of the same, and lots to like.

I haven’t used Fuse for some time and I can’t recall all the details. I don’t know if any of this will help you at all, but there ya go.

I agree that these modeling amps can stand on their own with much to offer with or without outboard software; but, extras are always nice too.

Good Luck.
FSB