It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Mustang v2 no sound buzzing
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

hi lemme start by apologizing if this is the wrong place to post this but I have nowhere else I think I can ask for help atm

My fender mustang v2 started having this problem where when turned on would just produce a buzzing sound and nothing else, if a guitar is plugged in the buzzing sound continues and no sound can be heard from the guitar furthermore the buzzing seems to be affected by the built-in effects from the amp which has baffled me, even more,
i have no idea what this could be and was wondering if any of the fine people on these forums would know what the problem is and how one would fix it.

cheers

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Mustang v2 no sound buzzing
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:06 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

If you have ever cracked one of these open, you'll find there's not a heck of a lot in there that mere mortals can fix.

If you know your way around this stuff, you may be able to isolate what component has failed. someone here should have links to schematics.. I think there are some somewhere..

The other problem is, despite the Mustangs being dam cool amps, at the price break they exist in, unless it's still under Warranty, the cost involved in repairing would be very close to just buying a new one. A sign of the times, but it is what it is I guess.