It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: LT25 sound engine, same as Mustang?
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:58 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi folks, I’m looking into a small affordable practice/studio amps, and, with the discontinuation of Fuse, I’m leaning towards the LT25.

I’m curious if anyone has compared the two amps side by side, the Mustang V2 and the LT25. It seems likely that the LT25 would have a similar sound engine as its predecessor. Actually, the onboard editor of the LT25 seems to have similar capabilities as the Fuse software package. I wonder if the LT25 is more or less the Mustang with an onboard Fuse editor. This would address issues with ongoing tech support and updates as the software and hardware are now bundled.

Anyone have more official insight on this?

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: LT25 sound engine, same as Mustang?
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I don't know much about the LT25, but I'm pretty sure it came out after Mustang GT. So if it has similar DSP, it would probably compare more to a Mustang GT amp than a v1/v2 Mustang amp.

The marketing for this amp seems like it is a Mustang amp, but with less editing flexibility. You use a selector to choose from a set of presets, but you have limited ability to edit those presets. It's truly a practice amp, and designed for people who don't like using an "interface".