It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Android App: "Remuda" for all Mustangs!
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:59 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Looking for a slick Android App to control and edit your Mustang Amp and Presets? Check out this Forum Thread about the Remuda App. Direct URL: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=99847

The Remuda App NOT a replacement for Fender Fuse!

So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps

Last edited by MusicLaw on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fender Play February 2018
Post subject: Re: Android App: "Remuda" (for Mustang v2 models!)
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:06 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

An updated version 1.2 of Remuda was just published tonight. It has some nice improvements and new features.

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:40 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Remuda's latest version 1.2 improvements are really nice!

● The screen now stays on! The App never goes dark on your tablet. So you do not need to constantly be worrying about touching the tablet to prevent it from going into Screen Save Mode, nor do you have to be concerned with going into your Device's Display Screen Timeout Setting to extended the timeout duration at the OS level! This entirely eliminates reawakening Remuda and Android's consequntial behaviour of rescanning the USB Port that caused Remuda to reacquire the Amp's Presets and scroll the Direct Mode Presets List that often changed the selected Preset.

● The Entire Save notification system has been improved! Remuda's Save Button now illuminates in Red just like the Amp's Save Button whenever anything has been changed (and before anything is actually saved). Press Cancel to leave all unchanged, or, touch Remuda's Red Save Button to Save your changes to the Preset!

● Remuda now shows the Numerical Value for each parameter! And, Remida uses changing color to signify when this Number value changes from its previous setting. The color reverts to the original color when the value is returned to the original setting! Additionally, a vivid Red Asterisk "*"appears adjacent to the value whenever changed from it's previous setting to make sure you do not overlook the changed parameter value! This is a really nice enhancement companion to the Red Save Button feature mentioned above, because each Red Asterisk indicates which parameter has been changed while the Red Save Button illuminates when then first parameter value has changed. When adjusting multiple parameters in any dialog window, as is typically the case when dialing in the sound you want, there is no need to (and I typically do not) Save after any single value change. I'm always in Demo mode (my wording not Remuda's) until I choose to Save the changes. This is system wide in Remuda for the Presets, Amp controls, and FX!

● New Notification feature for List Selection Parameters! For text value (non numeric) parameters presented in drop down selection lists, Remuda now displays a left pointing angle bracket character "<" to designate the current from previous value selection. This is similar in concept to the change from current value notifications mentioned above for the numerical parameters.

● Performance Mode's Song, Set List and Quick Access Preset footswitch Assignments now work better. Previously, there was an issue with inadvertently deleting a non existent Song or Set List error. This has been fixed.

● The Pitch Shifter and Diatonic Shifter values now appear as they properly do on the Amp with actual + - note values and Octave Steps.

● For Mustang I (v2) and II (v2) users, Remuda now shows the Presets in Banks: A-C and Memories: 1-8. I do not have one of those Mustang models, so I have not tried this and would not expect Remuda to use Preset display colors akin to the Amp's bank designation LEDs.

Post subject: New ver 1.4 w/ Backup & Restore!
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:23 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

REMUDA Version 1.4 was just released, in both, the Full, and, (Free) Lite versions!

Backup & Restore is the significant new feature! Version 1.4 also improves and expands support for Android devices that previously had problems connecting to the Mustang Amp.

All Amp Presets, and Performance Mode data (Set Lists, Songs, and Presets associated per Song) are now easy to Backup & Restore from the Settings screen! Data is saved to a small local backup file on your Android Device. Backup file(s) may then be transfered to your other Android Devices, other Mustang Amps, shared and exchanged with Friends, or simply used to expand your master library of Presets, and Performance Mode data.

Prior to REMUDA Version 1.4, it would stop when my Samsung Galaxy TabPro 12.2 was connected to the Amp. Now REMUDA runs flawlessly and looks phenomenal on the large screen! REMUDA works great on all Three (3) of my Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone, and Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4" and 12.2" Tablets. Best of all, all Presets are now easy to Backup & Restore! And, syncronizing the data amongst all my Android Devices and to both of my Mustang Amps is easy!

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:55 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

REMUDA Version 1.4.1 was just released in both the Full and Lite versions. 

This update introduces a Direct Mode Favorites feature for handy auditioning and editing amongst several Favorited Presets. Also new are the Backing Tracks Player for Songs in Performance Mode; Color Direct Mode Preset indicators for Mustang I/II models; Improved Legibility FX Bank button graphics; and Version/Build Information on the Settings screen. Overall Speed and Performance has been noticably improved for some Android Devices. Support for the EXP-1 Expression & Volume Pedal is in the works and due out soon. Help Documentation is being prepared too! 

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:08 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I downloaded the app. I cannot find instructions for it anywhere. When I plug the phone in all I get is that no USB device is connected. Between this and Fender Fuse being so unreliable I am ready to sell the amp and go Line 6.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:04 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

rodtod wrote:
Between this and Fender Fuse being so unreliable I am ready to sell the amp and go Line 6.

Note: Remuda is NOT a Fender product and is not supported by Fender.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:39 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

rodtod wrote:
I downloaded the app. I cannot find instructions for it anywhere. When I plug the phone in all I get is that no USB device is connected. Between this and Fender Fuse being so unreliable I am ready to sell the amp and go Line 6.
Are you seeing REMUDA launch properly on your Android device and display the Direct View screen (albeit without any Presets) without your Android device connected to the USB OTG cable?

What Adroid device make and model are you using?
What Android OS is your device running?
Have you confirmed that the OTG USB cable you are using is not faulty? You may do this by connecting your Android device using this same cable to your PC.

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:41 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

REMUDA Version 1.4.2 is now available in both the Full and Lite Versions. 

This release brings EXP-1 Expression and Volume Pedal support for Mustang III/IV/V and Mustang Floor, and preliminary support for the Mustang Floor. Also new are Plus/Minus buttons to parameter edit controls for fine adjustments; a simple Help Screen for getting started; support for External Storage permissions required on Android 6.x; Amp Firmware info reported in the App's settings screen; and, several User Interface improvements 

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:08 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

rodtod wrote:

Yeah I'm done too. Seriously considering Marshall CODE amps.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:15 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Mike and Rod:

Sorry to hear that you are having problems getting REMUDA to work.

The App does work great!

Even the Free version requires you to provide a functioning USB OTG cable connected to a compatible Android device in the proper USB Host mode.

There are REMUDA users here on the Forums who may assist. One user, in particular, encountered two defective USB OTG cables before obtaining a functioning cable to enjoy the App. Hopefully your path is less complicated.

Mike, should you have questions, feel free to post them. Rod hasn't posted here in nearly 2 months. Perhaps he got it working.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:20 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

MusicLaw wrote:
Mike and Rod:

The App does work great!

Even the Free version requires you to provide a functioning USB OTG cable connected to a compatible Android device in the proper USB Host mode.

There are REMUDA users here on the Forums who may assist. One user, in particular, encountered two defective USB OTG cables before obtaining a functioning cable to enjoy the App. Hopefully your path is less complicated.

Mike, should you have questions, feel free to post them. Rod hasn't posted here in nearly 2 months. Perhaps he got it working.

To be clear, I haven't tried the app yet. I picked up an USB OTG cable today and will try tonight. I was referring to the abandonment of the FUSE software. If the app works that's fine, but I think at this point other modeling apps have much better software support.

Mike

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:13 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

MikeD675 wrote:
MusicLaw wrote:
Mike and Rod:

The App does work great!

To be clear, I haven't tried the app yet. I picked up an USB OTG cable today and will try tonight. I was referring to the abandonment of the FUSE software. If the app works that's fine, but I think at this point other modeling apps have much better software support.

Mike
You're probably right! REMUDA is the result of one Mustang owner's initiative to fill the void for his Mustang use with Android. It's neither a Fender product nor a big company funded endeavor. If it serves your needs, great. I was delighted to discover and use it, and appreciate the developer's responsiveness to embracing and adding feature suggestions to improve and expand the product. Hope you find it useful to enhance the use of your Mustang. I certainly have.

Post subject: REMUDA now works with .FUSE files!
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:33 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Remuda has just been updated to version 1.5 bringing Four (4) significant new features!

Remuda now works with .FUSE files! This allows users to exchange and share Presets! Remuda reads .FUSE files you place in your Android's ...Music/Remuda/Presets folder. Remuda now automatically creates a .FUSE format file in the same folder each time you Edit and Save a Preset in Remuda. These you may place in your computer's FUSE presets directory for upload to the Fuse Online User Community or emailing to others.

Remuda also now lets users set your own Power-up Preset choice! This provides an alternative agile method to moving your preferred Preset to your Amp's 00 memory slot. You designate your chosen Power-up Preset in Remuda's Setting.

Remuda now supports the Mustang Tuner! Activate/deactivate the Tuner from Remuda, your Amp, or 4btn button footswitch, and Remuda displays a vivid large colorful Tuner.

Helping the user fully understand how to do eveything is Remuda's new Help System! Touch the Help Button and it's all explained clearly and concisely. And, this Help System works even when your Android device is offline. So you can read it anytime! Even when your device is not connected to your Amp!

There are more features in the works! So let the developer know your suggestions, comments, and input by posting to Remuda's Google Play App Store page, emailing him, or by posting here on the Forums.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:34 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

MusicLaw, is your name James or Robert? :lol:

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next