It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Running two Mustang Amps with one copy of FUSE
Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have a Mustang III w/Fuse and Mustang IV enroute. Sure would be nice if I could control settings on both amps with some sort of bridging adapter, Any ideas?

Fender Play November 2018
Post subject: Re: Running two Mustang Amps with one copy of FUSE
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Who knows, maybe when you plug both in ..Fuse might control both. One of the Fender guys should be able to answer this....but you'll still need a A-B-Y switch pedal to listen to both MIII/MIV on there own or in parallel. eBay lists them around $30 or maybe you have one already.

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:25 pm
Amateur
Amateur

johnc92672 wrote:
I have a Mustang III w/Fuse and Mustang IV enroute. Sure would be nice if I could control settings on both amps with some sort of bridging adapter, Any ideas?

Not sure what you are wanting to do - if you want to say change some setting on amp one and have it apply to amp two at the same time - don't see how that is gong to happen? Reason: each FUSE session is locked to ONE dedicated USB port - you would have to plug the second app into a different USB port. There is no "addapter" to combine USB serial ports.

If you want to open two "sessions" of Fuse and plug EACH amp into a USB port of its own - that most likely you can - just like plugging multiple USB drives or DVD players or any USB device. Still one would not change the other.

You more likely could (maybe) make your setting on one FUSE app - save it to your preset PC folder and then load it up into amp two.

Good luck - I'll be interested in what you find out.

Blessings, Bo

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:18 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Well, I'm going to get a USB HUB and route from one Port on my laptop to each amp. Talking two 16 foot USB extensions. I don't know if it will work and all those cords cost a lot. It may work, except the laptop will see two mustangs so - I dunno. I aleady have a ABY for the amps. KInd of cost prohibitive if it doesn't. I was hoping someone may have done this. Anyway, Thanx everybody for your input. I will try it eventually and let ya'll know what happens.
Peace

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:28 pm
Amateur
Amateur

johnc92672 wrote:
Well, I'm going to get a USB HUB and route from one Port on my laptop to each amp. Talking two 16 foot USB extensions. I don't know if it will work and all those cords cost a lot. It may work, except the laptop will see two mustangs so - I dunno. I aleady have a ABY for the amps. KInd of cost prohibitive if it doesn't. I was hoping someone may have done this. Anyway, Thanx everybody for your input. I will try it eventually and let ya'll know what happens.
Peace

In my oppinion the issue is not how to connect, but how is FUSE programmed. Let's say that you can connect them through the hub. So, first issue - FUSE is a TWO WAY communication devise. It reads the patches and all the settings in amp one and loads them into FUSE BUT . . . . now it (maybe) reads amp two's data and "it has nowhere to go". If it loads the amp two presents the amp one presets are busted and out of sync. So it tries to read amp one's patches and a very nasty "read loop" is created between FUSE, amp one and amp two. If you change a setting in amp one/or two - the sync with the other amp is busted.

There are a few modlers out there that will load two amp sims but the software is built to handle that (sort of a stereo amp-in program). FUSE is only programmed to handle one amp at a time.

So, what are you going to do with this when it works - - - :D - - -I'm just wondering what the plan is. Do you want to have two amps playing at the same time? Same settings? Different settings? Same amps? Different amps?

Good luck in getting this to work - if you do I'd be very interested in knowing how it was done.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:17 pm
Amateur
Amateur

I have a Mustang Ii and a G DEC 3-30. I tried running both amps from 1 computer. I plugged the USB connector wires into two separate USB ports on the computer. I then started up both amps (starting one at a time, both at a time, loading FUSE 2 times both before and after both amps were on, various combinations) and could not get both amps to run concurrently. The software (FUSE) would only load for one amp, the second amp was not recognized. Only one version of FUSE runs at a time (for me). I was able to run my multi-effects pedal software (controllers and "librarian") for my Vox ToneLab ST simultaneously with one, or the other amp running, but was not able to get both amps running at the same time. If you can figure a way to do it, let us know. Thanks.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:30 pm
Amateur
Amateur

Sorry to hear that . . . it is kind of like saying: I have two cars, two arms, two legs so hey . . . .. I should be able to drive them both down the road . . . . . . . .. .

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm
Fender Staff

So basically you want to use FUSE to control both amps at the same time? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to accomplish.

Either way, you can only run one instance of FUSE at a time. That one instance will not see both amps at the same time. Are you trying to clone one amp to the other, maybe?

You can just unplug one and plug in the other, though.

(800) 856-9801

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have 2 Mustang III amps that I will be running in stereo. I'd like the Fuse software to be able to switch both amps to the same patch selection. So, if I want a Twin Reverb patch (the same) on both amps, I can select the patch in the software and both amps will accept the instruction.

As the software is presently written, it only recognizes one amplifier. Do you anticipate that this type of option might be available in a future release? It would be so handy to be able to do this, especially for those of us that use more than one amp.

By the way, I am amazed at what the Mustang III can do, especially with the Fuse software, but I am limited in my ability to use both Mustang IIIs I own in stereo, unless I just select one amp setting for both amps and leave it there, which defeats the purpose of using the Fuse software.

Thank you.

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:50 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

If you use a virtual machine manager like VMware (paid) or VirtualBox (free), you should be able to install separate copies of fuse into separate virtual machines and run them completely independently.
Gary