It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Post subject: Fender Mustang LT25 Question.
Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the Fender Fuse Software for a Windows 10 computer works with the new Fender Mustang LT25 Amp or not? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with this.

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Fender Mustang LT25 Question.
Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Update; I erase my wrong answer :oops:

ghost_of_strings.

You are right, I read OP ask if Win 10 work with Mustang LT25 I was wrong.
Question is ; did Win10 work with Fuse...... :oops:

Last edited by stratele52 on Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

stratele52, your contributions have been awesome here on the forum. With all respect, I think I have to disagree with the above.

You can see products that are compatible with Fender Fuse here: LINK

It does indeed list "Mustang" but I believe that was posted before they released the new LT25 model. That photo does not seem to show the LT25.

The firmware update procedure mentioned above does not involve Fender Fuse in any way:

Windows Update Procedure:

1. Download the Fender LT Firmware Updater for Windows.
2. Extract the .zip file by double clicking and save to your desktop.
3. Run the program by double clicking “Fender LT Firmware Updater.exe” and follow the steps onscreen.
4. The Updater will guide you through the process of installing the update.

That sounds like a utility to update the firmware on the amp only. Not to install software on the PC.

The product page doesn't mention any software, just the ability to connect via USB for the purpose of recording and firmware updates.

As usual, Fender's murky marketing is confusing. But from what I'm reading, I believe the Fender Mustang LT25 is intended to "dumb down" the controls for those users who are intimidated by a computer/android app interface. It delivers the same powerful DSP, but locks you into blocks of settings that are invoked entirely by using the physical knobs.

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:24 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

The question that I was asking is, does anyone know if you can use the Fender Fuse software app installed on a Win 10 PC to download new tones to or modifiy existing tones on the new Fender Mustang LT25 amp.

I know that it is not listed in the compatibility list for the Fuse app. I was thinking that Fender just may not have updated its compatibility list to include the new amp yet. I did not know until after reading some of the other post on the community page that Fuse was basically a dead project that had been replace by the new Fender Tone app which will not work on the LT25 amp becase it does not have onborad Bluetooth capability.

This being said, my question still stands. Does anyone know if Fuse will work with the new LT25 amp or not? Sorry if I did not make that clear.

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:50 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Ok my rambling explanation was a long way of saying .... no it will not work. No PC functionality at all. No Fuse for you. Dead project or not.

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:37 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Your explanation was fine and not rambling. Thank you for the reply, you never know how welcoming an online community is going to be to you when you comment for the first time in it's forums.

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:19 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

The Fender Forum is pretty cool. The Fender Lounge is worth a read and maybe even a comment. The Fender Mustang v1/v2 and Fuse sections of the forum are a bit of a no-man's-land. You may find some cranky people here. We're just bitter because they abandoned our beloved platform. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]