It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: State of fuse
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:13 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Looking at buying mustang amp as I am intrigue with the concept of fuse.

After hearing of some issues wondering if I can get opinions of the current state. Seems like most of the positive post here and elsewhere were dated a few years ago.
Does it work or just a frustrating side show?

I would like a small amp that comes with the option of tinkering with the presets but please save me some money if FUSE ain’t it

Thanks
Monkey6

Fender Play February 2018
Post subject: Re: State of fuse
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:19 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Last I bothered to try, it was barely usable. And it had been that way ever since the came out with the new "Mustang GT" line of amps. I'm sure that was just a coincidence. :roll:

With that in mind, I certainly wouldn't buy a v1 or v2 Mustang amp at this time. And since that will surely be the fate of the GT series too (you're lucky if the Android and iOS app works now and it's the new product) I personally would steer clear of ANY Fender modeling product that depends on an app of any kind.

This is just my 2cents. Maybe there will be other opinions.

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:06 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

The Mustang V2 Series is discontinued and with that so is the support for Fuse. I too have heard of issues of using this software on Windows 10 but on my Windows 10 machine it works OK. It's not as rtobust as on earlier Windows versions. For example, since last updating to Windows 10 Fuse often randomly changes the patch setting by adding a chorus module. I have a Mustang V2 IV and am happy with it. Today I wouldn't buy it though. Actually, I wouldn't by any V2 Mustang but go instead for a GT series model instead. The advantage is that these have apps that work for Android and IOS. Look for the GT40.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:39 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

eguicherit wrote:
I too have heard of issues of using this software on Windows 10 but on my Windows 10 machine it works OK.

Are you able to download band tracks? Or download user-created presets from the repository? Last I checked, none of that was working.

Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have no problem with Fuse 2.7.1 with Windows 10 version 1803. But it wasn't an upgrade from Windows 7 with Fuse already installed, it was a fresh Windows 10 install with Fuse 2.7.1 then installed.

As for accessing patches, I read on the forum of a period of time that there was an issue, but I've not had any problems accessing and applying presets.

Don't know if it applies, but I also installed the serial drivers to support my Samsung Galaxy smartphone (Samsung Smart Switch) in case the serial drivers from Samsung had any impact.

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:06 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

what about the backing tracks? It was totally unusable. The files were corrupted by the time they downloaded and couldn't be played.

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I've downloaded several Band Tracks since my last post to test. They are working correctly for me.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:28 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

So I guess it's back to working. At the time (months ago) there was absolutely no response from Fender about it. I wouldn't want to be waiting on their server/software support personally. Once bitten.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:08 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Fender fuse is not reliable. Fender has moved on.
Save up and go with a Line 6 product. Better tones and support.
Fender you did it to yourself....