It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: FUSE will not run on mac OS 10.12.5 Sierra
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:33 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

WISH I'D BOUGHT A ROLAND BLUES CUBE instead of this (noisy) Super Champ X2 !!
I am not a computer nerd, I am a musician !
In this day and age stuff like this should be 'plug and play', ESPECIALLY from a company as big and professional as Fender, and ESPECIALLY on a £400 product ! :shock:
...rant over ! :mrgreen:

Fender Play February 2018
Post subject: Re: FUSE will not run on mac OS 10.12.5 Sierra
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:31 pm
Amateur
Amateur

Yes, it does run on mac Sierra. I haven't had any problems running Fuse on any of the past several versions of mac OS. Any why is your Super Champ "noisy"? Sounds like you have more problems than just Fuse.

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

To quote robdbirch from a previous topic on Mac installation of Fuse :

Running Silver Light and .Net/Mono on a Mac or any other *nix based system is not great in order to get cross platform functionality. In theory it sounds absolutely great but in practice you get the lowest common denominator of each platform feature and functionality and whole lot of hurt in trying to keep up a new set of features and functionality in the application at a reasonable pace because you're tied to flash/air/silverlight/atom. Especially, since *nix systems (macOS) feature and functionality moves at a rapid pace. Every year for the Mac is a major new release of the OS.

Now I haven't a clue what all that means (nor am I really interested), but I venture to suggest that it may go some way to supporting my accusation that Fender Fuse software (for ME), is far from 'plug and play' on a Mac !

I am an old age pensioner, and grew up with Thermionic Valves ; before Transistors ; before I/Cs ; and years before the modern 'Computer' was invented. During all that time I got on with my music, learning, composing and playing.
Then along came the 'home' computer and software applications, where you plugged a program disk into a slot and loaded the program onto your PCs' drive, and away you went. And that is about as much as I needed (or wanted) to know about this new technology. If the software functioned as suggested in its' marketing material, then all well and good ; if however it failed to live up to its glorified description, or not run at all, then the trash can awaited !

You sir, from what you say, have the ability and knowledge to perform the necessary surgery to make Fuse run on a Mac. Is there any chance you could share this knowledge with a non computer literate pensioner ?

As for the 'noisy' SCX2, I have returned it to the supplier for a replacement.

Fred

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:50 pm
Amateur
Amateur

I loaded Fuse on a new macBook that was running Yosemite. I've since upgrade through El Capitan and to Sierra. I had no problems with Fuse on any of them. Before that, on an older macBook, I loaded Fuse on Snow Leopard and did a few system upgrades, and no problems there. I know a lot of people post here about having problems, but for me, it was literally plug-and-play. If I remember correctly, you need to load Silverlight before installing Fuse, not after.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:24 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Someone knows wether FUSE for MAC OS is 32-bit or 64-bit? It seems that the new MAC OS High Sierra (to be released in next months) will not support 32-bit applications.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:24 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Does anyone know if FUSE has 64-bit support? It seems that macOS High Sierra will discontinue support for 32-bit apps.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:45 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

It has 64-bit Windows 10 support. Not sure about a Mac, but do not really see why not.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:50 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

On my Mac High Sierra 10.13.5 the binary run is
Fender FUSE 2.7.1.app/Contents/Resources/FenderFUSE.app/Contents/Resources/bin/FenderFUSE
which not is 64 bit. Launching the app results in the warning that the app will not work the future.
64 bit support had been available for more then 10 years.

Fender should update the app (a recompile and change of supporting libraries).
I bought the Passport Mini last year. It is still available in the shops. Fender should support the app
on the lastest modern secure version of MAcOS.

I run Fender Fuse 2.7.1.48. The download page says version 2.7.1 is run on Mac OS X 10.7 or later, which will not be true when Apple releases next version.

So Fender. Update the software!!!!

EDIT:
Looking closer I see that Fender FUSE depends on the Mono framework and SIlverlight.
The Mono framework exists in 64 bit, and Fender FUSE seems to work fine with this.
However Silverlight (by Microsoft) seems only to exist in 32 bit (At least that's what I get when downloading what should be the latest version.)

So Fender seems to be dependent on Microsoft for this (and then put up instructions for how to update).

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:54 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

"Microsoft announced the end of life of Silverlight 5 in 2012. "

6 years have passed since then. It's going to work less and less over time and eventually it won't work at all.