It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

Would you support my selling a new FUSE application
No, I don't think you should do this at all 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
I like it, but I would not expect to pay for it 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
I would pay a one-off $10 fee for this product 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
I would pay a one-off $20 fee for this product 38%  38%  [ 10 ]
I would pay more than $20 for this product 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
I would pay $5 each year for this product 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
I would pay $10 each year for this product 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 26
Post subject: Is there a market for a new FUSE application?
Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:02 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi There

I have seen over the past few months that there is growing discontent with the state of the FUSE application. Fender are dropping support for it (if I read their comments correctly) which leaves a large number of Mustang owners with not reliable way of changing the presets on their amps and especially of loading new presets.

My question is, is there a market for a new FUSE application?

I am a software developer. Over the years I have written Windows apps and most recently apps for iPhone, iPads and Mac desktops. I have seen a Linux application called Plug and, by reading the code in this application and by experimentation, I have written my own Mustang configurator Mac desktop application. It looks like FUSE - with knobs that one can turn, graphic displays of the pedals and effect boxes just like FUSE, but I have not used any of the FUSE code.

I have approached Fender to get their opinion whether they would allow me to market my application (with no reply), but I am interested if there is really a market for it.

I would want people to pay for this application - though I know FUSE is free. I am a self-employed software developer and I need to make a living. It has also taken me almost a year to develop my product.

So in this forum, how many of you would pay for such a product? I would maintain it, adding new features as required - I would also be open to suggestions for new features and would react as quickly as I could to any problems people had - basically I would treat it like I would any other software product I was working on. At the moment I have a Mac application, but if there is the demand, I am open to the idea of writing a Windows version.

If you would pay for such a product, would you pay $10, $20 or more?

Oh, and if Fender are listening, would you approve me selling this product?

Thanks for any feedback
Derek

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Is there a market for a new FUSE application?
Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:11 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Well it depends on its features ,drag and drop ,able to printout bank of amp presets etc
would it be more like a windows version of Remuda (which is excellent by the way ) if so then yes I would pay one off price though as subscription deals shaft the customer (avid) YMMV

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:14 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

As the other commenter(s) have said, I would be willing to pay for a Mac version, as much as $20.00 (or more) depending upon features. Drag-and-drop reordering of presets, ability to adjust amp parameters, back-up amp presets, etc.

I would also be concerned about any third party application messing with the amp's firmware, so I would be looking for some sort of warranty in the event that your program bricks my amp.

I really do dig the GUI of the Fuse software, but I am currently having problems logging in.

I only bought my amp in January, and I feel somewhat stuck by the lack of software support for the FUSE application.

Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:01 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Us Mustang customers have been asking for 5 years now for fixes and modifications to FUSE. Fender deleted all those posts because Fender Never updated FUSE. Only 2 bug fixes are all. They told us they would update FUSE and then deleted all the posts. That shows you that Fender will never update FUSE. They came out with their new GT series. They didn't bother to help use Mustang owners at all. Do you think they will help you with the new GT series? I think not unless it is an easier platform for them to modify. I learned my lesson with the Mustang III v2. No more solid state Fender amps for me. All the reviews I've seen about the new GT series has not been very favorable.

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

If fender is dropping support can they release the source code as open source :D :D :D . A couple of guys working on plug for linux would like to add some support for other amplifiers like super champ x2 but it short of using a logic analyzer to reverse the protocol it is difficult to do without technical documentation. Fender could release the software for some of the community to develop as at least I and some of my friends are software developers that work on other open source projects :idea: .

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:57 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I would pay 20$ and more for a native macOS version. iOS would be great but seems to be complicated because of the hardware connection. If a bluetooth dongle for the Mustang would be available (plug into the micro USB plug in) which can be used with an iOS device I would willing to pay up to 70$ for this hard- / software combined.

Cheers Gerrit

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I'd be willing to pay for a FUSE application if it allowed users to post their presets, or allowed Mustang III v2 users like me to download other users' presets, and in general, take the purchase of my Mustang III v2 forwards, more so if Fender, if I am reading the beginning of this thread, are contemplating ending support for the FUSE application.

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:31 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I would like to see a well made Mac based application.
Selling a compiled version in the Mac App Store or on your own site would be great for 19.99.
I don't really want to cut into your revenue, but I would also like to see it on GitHub.
So, other developers could possibly find it and possibly contribute.
I doubt the average Fender Fuse customer is going to signup for a Apple developer account and build it, so probably a loss in revenue would only be marginal for making the source code public.
Either way I would give you 19.99.

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:35 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

For myself, I would like to see a PC Fuse program. I would pay $20 for that.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:04 pm
Roadie
Roadie

I'd love a PC version, especially if restrictions on gear placement
were done away with. Hosting a zip file of presets, updated quarterly,
would be easier than having anything to do with a Fender website.

If it's up your alley, you could even sell presets and video guides
alone or bundled.
Cheers

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:09 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi,

as the greatest disadvantage of the Mustang amps is the organisation of the presets and the configuration of the footswitches.
So if someone can write a new firmware, where for example the 2 button FS can access QA4 and 5 would be already a big advantage. Also the organisation in real banks like bank a, bank b etc and the access of these banks via footswitch would be great. Like it works on the Boss GT-10 for example. I would pay for it!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]