It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender Fuse won't install on Mac OSX 10.10.5
Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I read all posts on the forum from the last years, and still do no get why the Fender Fuse .dmg does not install on my Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite. The pop up window just informs me that the instal is not allowed by the system.
Any updated workaround to this? Very frustrating at the moment.

Fender Play September 2018
Post subject: Re: Fender Fuse won't install on Mac OSX 10.10.5
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:18 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Dual boot with Microsoft Windows.

I don't know why your Apple computer can't install a simple program. I think you're supposed to take it to the "Apple Bar" where an "Apple Genius" will sell you more overpriced stuff. That's the Apple workaround.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:05 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Just letting you know that there is still hope, I was getting that message and had to install Microsoft Silverlight first/separate before installing Fuse. Been using fuse with Yosemite for some time, currently on whatever the latest version is. Silverlight is the issue, uninstall Fuse, install Silverlight, then install Fuse. If I remember correctly, it took a couple tries.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:31 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Your can try to open it with "Ctrl" and right mouse click. Then it says that it is from an unreliable source and after you accept this, the software will install.

@strings10927 - did you had a bad day?

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:00 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

gerritw, "they" started it.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:15 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Mac OS X tries to protect you from casually installing software from the Internet without thinking about it. Double-clicking doesn't work. You need to "secondary click" (right-mouse-click a mouse, two-finger click a track pad, or hold down the Control key on the keyboard while clicking any pointing device). That pops up a menu. Choose "Open" from the menu. You'll get a small warning about running software downloaded from the Internet, but you just click "Okay" and it will install.
This is true for any software installed from any online source other than the App Store, since Apple programmers study the code for all software sold through the App Store to look for any malicious activity.
Yes, it's a minor inconvenience for you, but it actually is a good thing.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:25 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

I thought it was impossible for malicious code to execute on a MAC. I guess they are working on redefining 'possible'. Such innovators!

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:58 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Yes, this is somewhat of a pain. I got past the first hurdle using control, but then it said it could not install without MonoFramework-2.6.7_2. The trick here is to again click on the Fender F icon while holding down the Control key, then "Show Package Contents." Find your way to the Resources folder, and launch MonoFramework-2.6.7_2.macos10.novell.universal.pkg while holding the Control key one more time. Install that, then go back and Install the Fender FUSE program, making sure you have the latest Silverlight installed. Then, it all works just fine.

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:29 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I must have skipped a step cause It won't load, just sits there in limbo and says blocked plugin. So I deleted all apps and files and am in limbo! Wow, you would think that the Mac and Fender people would get it together and have a bit of good ole cooperation. Leo and Jobs must have really pissed each other off some years ago!

Martin D-18 E Retro, Martin GPCPA4-Nat.
Fishman Loudbox Artist acoustic amp.

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:21 am
Roadie
Roadie

The problem with Fuse is that it written on top of Microsoft Silverlight, that is like building an app in Flash. Native Mac programs don't usually require 'dependencies' like this and it will have been done like this to get cross platform support from a common codebase. It is the 'cheap' way to do programming for a giveaway utility. You get what you pay for. Fender Digital are showing their weakness again with the 'Tone' app. I would much prefer to pay for these apps and get some experienced developers behind them to produce something more solid.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:12 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

stratocaster1983 wrote:
The problem with Fuse is that it written on top of Microsoft Silverlight, that is like building an app in Flash. Native Mac programs don't usually require 'dependencies' like this and it will have been done like this to get cross platform support from a common codebase. It is the 'cheap' way to do programming for a giveaway utility. You get what you pay for. Fender Digital are showing their weakness again with the 'Tone' app. I would much prefer to pay for these apps and get some experienced developers behind them to produce something more solid.

+1

Yes, Fender Fuse is a wonderful piece of software Gumbo.
Thus the complex user install issues and many others I outline below.

Running Silver Light and .Net/Mono on a Mac or any other *nix based system is not great in order to get cross platform functionality. In theory it sounds absolutely great but in practice you get the lowest common denominator of each platform feature and functionality and whole lot of hurt in trying to keep up a new set of features and functionality in the application at a reasonable pace because you're tied to flash/air/silverlight/atom. Especially, since *nix systems (macOS) feature and functionality moves at a rapid pace. Every year for the Mac is a major new release of the OS.

Though, hats off to to the developers of Fender Fuse, it is absolutely the best flash/silverlight/atom type software solution I have ever seen. I hate just about every flash/silverlight/atom solution I have ever seen or used because they poorly integrate and leverage the capabilities of the native platforms.

Microsoft stopped development of Silverlight several years ago and will stop supporting SilverLight in 2021.

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:46 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

To install Fender Fuse software on MAC OSX 10.X.X:
1. Open the Fuse.DMG (disk image) you downloaded
2. Using the Finder app (the blue grey happy face icon), go to the fender drive that is now open
3. Option key + two finger click or (option key +right click) the Fender FUSE installer button
4. Click on "Show package contents" in the pop-up menu that will appear
5. Navigate through to Contents -> Resources
6. Using Option key + two finger click or (option key +right click) click on "open" for the PKG files in this order: Silverlight.pkg, MonoFramework2.6.7_2...., FenderDrivers.pkg, FenderFuse.pkg
7. You should then see Fender Fuse in your applications folder. If not, try running the Fender FUSE installer button with the Option key + two finger click or (option key +right click) "open" command to run any missing scripts.
8. If fender fuse application does not run first time from applications folder, try running with the Option key + two finger click or (option key +right click) "open" command to override first time run security.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:21 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I'm running the same as you. Go to System Preferences, Security and Privacy and click on the bullet for "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere". You will have to probably delete Silverlight from your computer and go to Microsoft and download the latest version before it will run.