It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: G-DEC 15 fix-up
Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:24 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello from India!

I own a G-DEC 15 that doesn't work anymore. The circuit must be fried somewhere. I see the display backlight when turned on, but that's all. No sound or anything.

The amps pretty old, and I can't get it serviced anywhere in my part of the world. So I was thinking of bypassing all the digital effects and getting the amp to work as a regular amp.

I'm no electronics expert, so correct me if I'm wrong. The idea seems pretty straight forward to me-

-I believe the PCB that handles all the digital processing is separate from the one that takes care of amplification.
-The two boards are connected by 20 pins, so I would just need to short the in and out pins and that should successfully bypass the digital processing, and I should have it working like a basic amp?

I'm not sure what pins to short, and need help. Here are some images that should provide enough detail I hope.

Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: G-DEC 15 fix-up
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:46 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Big job, good luck to have some answer.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:02 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

You could alse first check the power supply board, before continuing, the power (voltage) regulators somtimes burn out, or the condensators near the regulators sometimes give up the ghost, i have seensome succesfull repairs by replacing either , or both of them and adding a cooling fin to the regulators

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:55 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

No, that's not gonna work. The portion of the schematic you're looking at has serial data coming into the IC. You need to back up to the input to the D/A converter and the input op amps to find analog signal.
Next, you will find that the tone controls don't work. They are digital.
Only the Master control is analog. That is where you might be able to hook in your input signal.
I'd check to make sure the headphone jack isn't damaged. That will mute the amp.