It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: G Dec 3 Foot Switch
Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hey freinds my question is : I have the 4 botton footswitch for g-dec . I need some one to tell me how to use the mode QA1,QA2, QA3 to program the presets I select on amp . Is it something to do with the utility menu on amp . I have hunt all over the place tring to find instruction on how to do this . Thanks :roll:

Fender Play September 2018
Post subject: Re: G Dec 3 Foot Switch
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:34 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

The QA shortcuts are programmed from the amp. Hold down the "exit" soft key on the amp until you enter the utility menu. You should immediately see "QA 1" and then use the scroll wheel to choose the preset you want to associate with QA 1. You can then use the soft key on the far right to advance the menu to QA 2 and 3 and repeat. Tap the exit soft key and your selections will be saved and can be activated from the amp and the footswitch.

Post subject: Re: G Dec 3 Foot Switch
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:40 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

From RCSBlues - I recently rejoined the forum and just now saw this -
Extensive - but maybe this will help:

Fender ULT 4 Fender Footswitch (p/n 0994070000) for various functions in four different modes:
• MODE 1: Select Quick Access Presets (QA1, QA2, QA3).

• MODE 2: Select regular Presets (DOWN or UP) and Start/stop the Band Track (SELECT).

• MODE 3: Use the Phrase Sampler (PLAY, RECORD and OVERDUB). Footswitch LED’s will represent the Phrase Sampler functions that are simultaneously displayed on the Fender G-DEC® 3’s screen.

• MODE 4: Activate the Tuner. The footswitch display shows the nearest note. Five LED’s on the footswitch represent the tuning needle function that is simultaneously displayed on the Fender G-DEC 3’s screen. These modes are selected by pressing the leftmost footswitch on the Fender ULT-4.
Fender Mustang 4 button footswitch (Part#0080996000) has three modes that are identified by the three LEDs labeled MODE 1, MODE 2 and MODE 3. The footswitch also has a Tuner mode which is indicated when all of the mode LEDs are off. To switch between modes, press the MODE button. To activate Tuner mode, press and hold the MODE button.

Mode 1—In Mode 1 the footswitch is used to select one of three Quick Access presets, using the buttons labeled: QA1 /QA2 / QA3 (in line with the MODE 1 LED). When you select a Quick Access preset, the number of the preset will appear in the display of the footswitch. You can any assign any preset to be a Quick Access preset in the Utility menus. (see Utility Menus, page 6 Fender® Mustang™ Advanced Manual http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... rs-manuals).

Mode 2—In Mode 2 the footswitch is used to select presets down/up, or in banks of 10, using the buttons labeled: DOWN/ UP / BANK (in line with the MODE 2 LED). When you select a preset, the number of the preset will appear in the display of the footswitch.

Mode 3—In Mode 3 the footswitch is used to bypass the Stompbox, Modulation or Delay effects, using the buttons labeled: STOMP / MOD / DELAY (in line with the MODE 3 LED). The footswitch button LEDs indicate the effects that are active, just like the buttons on the amplifier.

You can also have a footswitch button assigned to bypass the Reverb effect by adding on the 2-button Mustang footswitch (see Six-Button Footswitching
options, below).

Two-Button Footswitch (Part#0080997000) Connect a 2-button footswitch to your Mustang amplifier (included with the Mustang III, optional equipment for the Mustang IV & V) to enable remote multi-function foot control. Use the Utility menus to assign one of the following functions to the 2-button footswitch:

• Select presets (up/down)
• Select Quick Access presets (QA1/QA2)
• Bypass effects (various combinations)
• Set TAP interval

Six-Button Footswitching options Plug both a 4-button and a 2-button footswitch into your Mustang amplifier to expand your remote control options.
By assigning different functions to each footswitch you can create more than a dozen different foot control combinations. For example, you could assign Quick Access presets to the 4-button footswitch and Up/Down presets to the 2-button footswitch. Or you could bypass effects with the 4-button
footswitch and select presets with the 2-button footswitch. The choice is up to you.

http://www.reverbnation.com/rcsblues/songs
Stratocaster American Deluxe HSS Olympic Pearl G-DEC 3 Thirty