It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Use Fender Passport as recording interface?
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:44 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Is it possible to use the Fender Passport as an interface that will transmit the tracks into a computer recording/editing software?

Thanks!

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Use Fender Passport as recording interface?
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:10 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

This forum seems good for views but not responses.

My limited experience is that it worked well to consolidate multiple inputs into one or two outputs. But I had to run it through a separate interface to talk USB to my laptop. It would be cool if I could learn to output from Passport to USB. Good luck.

Post subject: Re: Use Fender Passport as recording interface?
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:52 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

You didn't mention which model of Fender Passport you have. There is a LOT of difference in design between each of the Fender Passport models, so we can't answer your question until you tell us which model you have.

Most of the models don't work for Audio Interface for computers at all. There is no USB output on most models.

Some have a USB port so that you can plug a USB memory stick in to record directly to the USB stick for playback. It creates a .wav file that you can pull into DAW software on a computer, but it is very limited, since it is already mixed down to stereo, so aside from adjusting EQ and effects, you can't do much to the recording.

I think the current models might have a USB-B port (looks like the USB port on a printer) that might serve as an audio interface for a computer. I'm not sure whether that gives you a per-input-channel interface that is useful for computer editing of a mix, or if it's a post-mixer stereo interface, which is less useful.

Meanwhile, I can't look up any of this until I know what model of Passport you have.