It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Why Is Stage 800 Global EQ "Pick One"?
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:19 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

After gigging a few times with Rumble Stage 800, I'm confused. I bought it because I'm in a cover band. I thought I could play live with maybe 20 different presets. But in reality, this didn't work. It is not feasible to dial in the EQ to handle the venue acoustics...for all 20 presets. I get one sound check. The sound guy gets pissed if I switch presets. In smaller gigs, where my BL does the sound, he wants me to pick one preset and dial in the EQ knobs for it, and keep that for whole gig.

I thought the Stage 800's Global EQ would solve this but in practice it is weird. I can either boost/cut bright OR cut lows...can't boost mids, which seems like what I generally need.

Am I missing something? I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person out there who is actually trying to gig with playlists of presets. My band thinks it's dumb, sound guys think it's dumb, and I'm having trouble reaching any bass players that actually gig with this amp. I'm a new bass player and when I tell other bass players I have a modelling amp, they always say, "oh that's terrible, what were you thinking".

Fender Play November 2019