It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: NEW! The Fender Rumble LT25
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:39 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Listen! (watch too ;)

2016 Rumble 200 Combo
One day they shall name a GREAT city after me, and they shall call it LINNINGRAD

Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: NEW! The Fender Rumble LT25
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:54 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

So it's basically a smaller version of the 40 and 800 watt amps with the bells and whistles. Sounds pretty good, and would make a nice little practice/recording amp. 8)

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:29 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Original/10001/OM_2270100000_Rumble_LT25_English.pdf

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:32 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Do you think they're going to phase out the 3rd generation of Rumbles, and just bring out more of these type amps? Although, the Rumble 800 head does not have the effects with it like the combo does, and that just came out.

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:31 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

PaulLF wrote:
Do you think they're going to phase out the 3rd generation of Rumbles, and just bring out more of these type amps? Although, the Rumble 800 head does not have the effects with it like the combo does, and that just came out.

No, I don't. There is always going to be a need for easy to use 'plug-and-play' analog amps. Especially in the value priced entry level. That being said, the new Rumble LT25 offers tremendous value in a personal practice amp with wonderful digital amp modeling and many good sounding effects. A couple of outboard analog stompboxes alone can easily be $200 USD. Here you get 21 effects and 15 amps all in a good sounding lightweight 25 watt combo for the very same $200 USD! It really is amazing.

The new analog Rumble 800 head replaced the very popular Rumble 500 head. The Rumble 800 head has a lot of new features/upgrades that bass players wanted to see in the 500. The Rumble 200 head was discontinued outright. Most likely due to low sales. Yet the Rumble 200 1x15 combo continues to enjoy strong sales.

2016 Rumble 200 Combo
One day they shall name a GREAT city after me, and they shall call it LINNINGRAD

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

These are not analog amps.
The AC input is rated 110- 240 VAC. THis indicates a switch mode power supply.
The amp models are based on the digital processor. The patent 6,222,110 describes how they use 3-D interpolation and various and gain controlled preamps and filters to achieve any particular tone stack configuration. While the overall response is similar to the analog tone stack, the digital version does not create the same interaction of capacitors that makes the analog tone stack so dynamic. The Fender shimmer is gone...
The computer takes time to adjust itself to the incoming signal and changes its response on the fly. It takes about 1.5 milliseconds or one full cycle at 440Hz before the computer decides what to do and spits something out.
The power stage is PWM. One bit digital put through a harsh filter that distorts a lot and kills any transients or brightness.
Don't mistake these for analog amps.

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:31 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

TimsAudio wrote:
These are not analog amps.
Don't mistake these for analog amps.

No one is making that mistake. The V3 Rumbles are all analog solid state. Switched Mode Power Supply is apparently required for Class D power amps, and SMPS just might be a better way to power any class of power amp. The Rumble 15; 25, and 40 are all AB solid state. Rumble 100 is an in house Fender D-Class design. Rumble 200 & 500 combos are D-Class ICEPower. It is my understanding that both the Rumble and Bassman 800 powersections are new in house Fender designs.

The digital pre-amps of the: Rumble LT25; Studio 40, and Stage 800 does not mean that the power amps are also digital. Fender has never claimed that to be a fact. Which is something they would surely do if that were indeed true.

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:18 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

When I describe 1-bit digital, that is essentially what a PWM power stage is. If you look at the specs of any Class D amp, they are miserable compared to Class AB. Most amp builder won't even publish distortion specs. Or if they do, its from the line out, not the speaker.
Fortunately, since Class D won't crawl back in its hole and die, there are some dubious improvements coming to Class D.
The switching controllers put out a square wave that needs the big filters. Now they have sine wave switching that reduces the output filtering.
Which defeats the purpose of Class D efficiency. While the amp transistors are switched to saturation, the power supply transistors are operated as linear resistors, transferring the unwanted power dissipation and heating from the amp to the power supply. But the distortion isn't much better.
I like the ICE power modules. They aren't digital, but they don't make a small one for this size amp.

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:39 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

TimsAudio wrote:
I like the ICE power modules. They aren't digital, but they don't make a small one for this size amp.

Exactly so! The Fender Rumble 40 is totally analog with an AB class power amp. So is the Fender Rumble 40 Studio bass combo. The pre amp is digital. The power amp is AB analog. Why is this so difficult to understand?

2016 Rumble 200 Combo

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:57 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello! Hope it is not too late to ask the question
Quote:

I noticed that and was so happy, asked the vendor to confirm this could work around the globe and ... they said no...
My son called the customer service the person on the other end was very nice but was not sure.
In Europe if you put this on a product below the input power it means that it does work around the planet!
So... are “we” right? This is a great feature that should be put forth (else...I will have to return it)
Thank you

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:02 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Kokopeli wrote:
Hello! Hope it is not too late to ask the question
Quote:

I noticed that and was so happy, asked the vendor to confirm this could work around the globe and ... they said no...
My son called the customer service the person on the other end was very nice but was not sure.
In Europe if you put this on a product below the input power it means that it does work around the planet!
So... are “we” right? This is a great feature that should be put forth (else...I will have to return it)
Thank you

The voltage & Hz requirements are factory set internally for the country in which it is sold. It is not consumer switchable.

2016 Rumble 200 Combo