It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Recording DI from Rumble 40
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:30 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Has anyone used a Rumble 40 to record direct? I know a lot of people take a di signal and also mic the amp and blend both. I really can't be loud at all I want to be able to record just from the DI out and mute the cab. I've found I can put an adapter in the headphone jack and it cuts off the sound while still sending the sound to the di. I seem to be getting a low level hiss and am not sure if it is the amp or my interface. I'm using a Behringer UMC22 so it is a cheaper interface. I have no problem buying a more expensive one if that is the issue but would like to isolate it as the issue at first. Has anyone experienced a hiss from the amp? If I upgraded I would probably look at a Focusrite Scarlett interface. I have been looking at either recording from either the Rumble, an MXR M80 or an Ampeg Classic Preamp. I would like to use the Rumble strictly if at all possible. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Recording DI from Rumble 40
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:10 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Hello Mannas! Good question. I have a Rumble Studio 40 (and a 200), and although not exactly the same as your Rumble 40 the XLR output works the same way. Almost all amps have some level of operational noise of some kind. My Rumbles are dead quiet at idle. To tell if it's your amp just have a close listen direct through your headphone output with no input signal at all. Do hear hiss? If yes it's your Rumble. If not, then it is something else in your signal chain and further investigation is required. Rumble On!

2018 Rumble Studio 40 Combo
2016 Rumble 200 Combo
One day they shall name a GREAT city after me, and they shall call it LINNINGRAD