It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: New Jimmy Page tele
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:30 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

To whom it may concern,

I've been a fan of fender guitars for 20 plus years and recently purchased a Jimmy Page artist series dragon. After anxiously awaiting this guitar for months it finally arrived only to let me down in a major way. Not only did it show up with a terrible set up but it in no way plays anywhere near a guitar worth $2000.00. I literally brought the guitar to be set up only days after I received it and even after a neck set up and intonation set up it still buzzes and pitches out on not even full note bends. The b string hardly has any sustain at all around the 15th fret and up. I honestly have been devastated that I saved up to purchase this and even purchased a gt40 to go along with it. I've talked to luthiers about changing the tuners and saddles to see if it will help at all but I still can't believe how poor this quality is for a guitar with Jimmy Page name on it. I honestly have no idea what to do and am heart broken that this is the quality fender has released

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: New Jimmy Page tele
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:49 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Man that sucks. I don't know what else to say. We've been seeing more and more threads these days about the lack of quality in Fender's 'so-called' top of the line products. Sounds to me like Fender needs to get their act together.

'12 Standard Strat
'13 CD-60
'15 Standard Strat
'15 T-Bucket 300CE Amber
'15 Rogue RA-100D (Beater)
'17 Epiphone Ltd. Ed. SG Special-I
'17 Epiphone Les Paul Studio LT

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I bought locking tuners and over the weekend I went to switch them out and they dont even fit. Posts every where about how locking fender tuners drop right in on new models but seems that isn't the case. Purchased compensated brass fender saddles to change the ones on it now but it's been 3 weeks still waiting. I have a feeling I'm going to change the neck out as well. Emailed fender 2 days ago and still no answer.

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:51 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Dude...Fender has a couple different types of locking tuners. They have the regular ones, that'll drop in IF you have the preset hole for the peg in the bottom right corner of the hole...and they have the "Deluxe" and/or Vintage...which is pretty much just a difference in hole diameter.
If you bought 'Fender' tuners, for an American Fender, and they don't drop in-----you bought the wrong ones. Period.
Not trying to be harsh or blunt; but Fender tuners will fit in a Fender guitar....or you have a fake. If you wanna drop American Fender tuners in a Chinese Squire, you'll have to (at minimum) drill the "steady hole" in the bottom right corner of each tuner/key.

'12 Standard Strat
'13 CD-60
'15 Standard Strat
'15 T-Bucket 300CE Amber
'15 Rogue RA-100D (Beater)
'17 Epiphone Ltd. Ed. SG Special-I
'17 Epiphone Les Paul Studio LT

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:46 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I don't know where you purchased your guitar, but most reputable dealers have some sort of return/exchange policy. New guitars have a warranty, you know. It's a hassle, but go through the proper channels before you do something that voids the warranty (like changing necks, parts & other stuff).