It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542 ... 575  Next
Go to page Previous  1 ... 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542 ... 575  Next
Post subject: Re: What are you doing?
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:50 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

UPDATE ON SHOTCUT: The program works very well. I imported a video from my phone, removed the audio from the video, imported a backing track and exported the mix in wav and mp4 formats. Here's a link to Shotcut video tutorials that are short and to the point:

https://www.shotcut.org/tutorials/

I highly recommend this completely free (not just free to try), open source program. You can download Shotcut here, if you like it:

https://www.shotcut.org/download/

Have fun!

Remember the music is not in the guitar

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:40 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Sounds good that you got that to work for you. 8)

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:20 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

PaulLF wrote:
Sounds good that you got that to work for you. 8)

Thanks, Paul. I like the video and I've made some good progress in recording video. 8)

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:55 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

I went for a long walk, now I’m watching a film, and putting in some bass time.

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:29 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

I'm going to play Black Ops 4 against my son. We, who are about to die, salute you. :lol:

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:27 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Marky Forrest wrote:
I'm going to play Black Ops 4 against my son. We, who are about to die, salute you. :lol:
Go get the enemy, Game Boy. May the force be with you. :lol:
Today I will be installing a replacement Engine Zone Control Cable for my lawnmower. It’s not OEM, but it was the best I could get in a short period of time blah blah. Ordered it online on Friday evening and it arrived on Sunday morning. Hope it works with the attachments.

I think retail is in big trouble. I did try buying the throttle cable here first. I prefer to support the local community; but, they weren’t able to supply the same. Reminds me of mail order as a kid on the island I used to live on. Only this time it wasn’t rubber band airplanes or Sea Monkeys. :lol:
FSB

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:30 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Fender Strat Brat wrote:
I think retail is in big trouble. I did try buying the throttle cable here first. I prefer to support the local community; but, they weren’t able to supply the same. Reminds me of mail order as a kid on the island I used to live on. Only this time it wasn’t rubber band airplanes or Sea Monkeys. :lol:
FSB

I try very hard to support my local retail stores too. Not necessarily the franchise stores but the few remaining mom and pop stores. Like you said, the problem is that most of the time they don't have what I want. My local music shop, for example, is crammed with cheap stuff. Their new guitars and amps are for beginners. The last time I went there I was looking for a glass slide. All they had were cheap brass (not that brass is bad) ones that had burrs on the ends. I almost cut my finger when I put one on. Not good. I know the owner well, and I want to buy from him, but he rarely has what I'm looking for. He just doesn't have the space or money to stock more items and higher-end gear. I did buy two really nice used guitars from him, though, and when he gets a nice one in that he thinks I'd be interested in he calls me. That's a good thing.

Online you can find exactly what you want and have it delivered to your door in a couple of days and, when you factor in a usually lower price for buying online, it's tough to beat online stores.

I got in one hour and forty minutes of playing yesterday and plan to to the same today. Starting..... now! Bye 8)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:25 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

You know, I don't even know what the hell I'm doing today. :P My girlfriend has to do an interview for a magazine in a little bit, but other than that, I'm just checking the usual stuff around here.

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:04 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Location: "In this country town, where the laughter sounds",...
Getting ready to get Sloppy Joe's going for dinner. :mrgreen:

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:14 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Got the new cable to the throttle installed on the lawn mower. An exact fit, :) Started the mower up on first pull, and then the choke lever wouldn’t cooperate. Seems that either the auto choke is malfunctioning or a spring has sprung (methinks stretched actually). I couldn’t access it so reluctantly off to the repair shop (just when I had new spark plug, new filter, oil, and cable aced with a start up for about 4 minutes). Phtt!

At least it’s only 5 minutes away at a place that only fixes law mowers, snowblowers, chain saws and the like. :D
Mrs. FSB said to go get a new one; but, lawn mowers here are used for only half a year if that. I decided to see how this repair works out, and if I see something else this one can go to the graveyard as a spare. It’s earned a rest.Maybe it’ll see a yard sale. Then again maybe it’ll just cut the grass. :P
FSB

Just keeping the locals working. :wink: I should get a tax break. :lol:

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:28 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Fender Strat Brat wrote:
Got the new cable to the throttle installed on the lawn mower. An exact fit, :) Started the mower up on first pull, and then the choke lever wouldn’t cooperate. Seems that either the auto choke is malfunctioning or a spring has sprung (methinks stretched actually). I couldn’t access it so reluctantly off to the repair shop (just when I had new spark plug, new filter, oil, and cable aced with a start up for about 4 minutes). Phtt!

At least it’s only 5 minutes away at a place that only fixes law mowers, snowblowers, chain saws and the like. :D
Mrs. FSB said to go get a new one; but, lawn mowers here are used for only half a year if that. I decided to see how this repair works out, and if I see something else this one can go to the graveyard as a spare. It’s earned a rest.Maybe it’ll see a yard sale. Then again maybe it’ll just cut the grass. :P
FSB

Well, you could just get some goats, and they'll take care of the grass, and if somehow you are stranded during a blizzard in the house, I'm sure there are some recipes for goat out there to keep you tied over until it passes. :P

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:30 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Mr. Nylon wrote:
Getting ready to get Sloppy Joe's going for dinner. :mrgreen:

That sounds good. 8) It's been a long time since I've made those, though. I used to like to have them served with coleslaw, as well.

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:32 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

I have to go to the store and pick up some stuff, and also go get some Chinese for dinner.

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:50 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

PaulLF wrote:
Fender Strat Brat wrote:

FSB

Well, you could just get some goats, and they'll take care of the grass, and if somehow you are stranded during a blizzard in the house, I'm sure there are some recipes for goat out there to keep you tied over until it passes. :P
Okay. You gotta stop cracking me up, Paul. Yer killin’ me. ROTFL. As soon as I pick myself up off the floor, I’ll haveta go see my cardiologist. You is soooo funny. :lol:

Got the goats. Now what?

FSB

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:32 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

I'm turning my sleep schedule around to be up in the morning, at least until Sunday. Didn't go for a walk today, but did some shopping. I changed the battery in the clip on tuner, and tuned up the Squier Telecaster, and jammed on it for a bit. Every once in awhile, I will pick up the 6-string and mess around. I usually don't play guitar, unless I have to, since bass is my main gig, but it's probably not a bad idea to pick it up every now and then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542 ... 575  Next
Go to page Previous  1 ... 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542 ... 575  Next