It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender passport venue
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Good day lounge. Sorry if my question is somekind of a idiotic question. Im just new to the world of sound system. I have bought a fender passport venue and i just wanted to know if it is okay to use a much longer speaker cable rather than the one that’s in the package and what gauge of speaker cable should i use if i plan it to run about 50ft From the main system. And i also wanted to know sirs if it is okay to add a powered sub in the system. What wattage and impedance of speaker should i use. Thank you and hope someone may answer my question

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Fender passport venue
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:53 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

12 or 14 gauge wire.
Speaker impedance ? Can't find specs. It is not write on the speaker or amp ouput jack ?

Post subject: Re: Fender passport venue
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:40 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Kristian25 wrote:
Good day lounge. Sorry if my question is somekind of a idiotic question. Im just new to the world of sound system. I have bought a fender passport venue and i just wanted to know if it is okay to use a much longer speaker cable rather than the one that’s in the package and what gauge of speaker cable should i use if i plan it to run about 50ft From the main system. And i also wanted to know sirs if it is okay to add a powered sub in the system. What wattage and impedance of speaker should i use. Thank you and hope someone may answer my question

Most good quality speaker cables are 14 gauge. ProCo and Planet Waves (D'Addario) both make good solid and affordable cables. A 50 foot run is going to be a bit much. 25 feet will give you 50 feet of separation between speakers. As far as a powered subwoofer goes just pick one as it doesn't matter what the impedance is as you are only sending a pre-amped signal. Good Luck, and there is also a Passport sub-forum too if you have any more questions.

2016 Rumble 200 Combo
One day they shall name a GREAT city after me, and they shall call it LINNINGRAD