It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Post subject: Re: Post a pic that makes you smile
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:47 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Here are a couple of pics that make me smile, and both involve me swimming. I'm not a big swimmer, I don't go to the public pool here and never go swimming but on this particular holiday in September of 2011 I did quite a bit of messing about in the water.

This first photo is of me in the sea at the island of Korcula in Croatia. I spent all day in the sea it was fantastic with clear warm water, I don't know the other person in the photo. I will remember this day for the rest of my life it was such a good experience.

And this next photo contains a small swimming pool at the back of the boat that we were on, I spent quite a bit of time in that pool and most of the time had the pool to myself. I love this view from the back of the boat with the wash from the propellers going into the distance. I'm not in the photo because I was the one taking it. The cool blue of the sea here has to be my favorite colour.

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:20 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Steve, your images don't display.

Remember the music is not in the guitar

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:28 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I see them fine.

They're hosted on Twitter, apparently. More specifically https://pbs.twimg.com.

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:41 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

I see them as well.

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:02 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Fun photos fellas. Good shot with the rays behind the clouds, Marky. Hot looking cars. The postal rod was a pretty unique concept. That would be a nice job perk to have, huh?

Steve, your photos work here too. Watching the wake at the beginning or end of a hard work day, having a smoke (when I did back then) and, perhaps, a coffee or hot chocolate, and waiting for the sunrise or sunset on the horizon used to be one of my favourite things. It has that relaxing effect like watching flames. Definitely a change from the fast lane of life on shore. Glad you enjoyed it and the swim. Steve. Great shot by the way with the blue of the pool contrasting with the blue of the sea.

FSB

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

vinyl wrote:
I see them fine.

They're hosted on Twitter, apparently. More specifically https://pbs.twimg.com.

Strange... my browser won't open https://pbs.twimg.com/ either. It must be blocked by my antivirus program or something else.

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:27 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

There have been times when I had somewhat similar problems.
Some piece of content that seems so normal to everyone else is refused on my machine.
Mostly my problems have to do with scripts though.
Like checking out at an online store.
Some script will get blocked and prevent me from logging on to an account or something like that.
I also used to get a lot of grief from video clips.
Never still pics though.
That does seem strange to me.

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:27 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

BMW-KTM wrote:
There have been times when I had somewhat similar problems.
Some piece of content that seems so normal to everyone else is refused on my machine.
Mostly my problems have to do with scripts though.
Like checking out at an online store.
Some script will get blocked and prevent me from logging on to an account or something like that.
I also used to get a lot of grief from video clips.
Never still pics though.
That does seem strange to me.

It is pretty weird. I opened a support ticket in Twitter so we'll see what they suggest. I'll let you know if they come back with a solution.

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Fender Strat Brat wrote:

having a smoke (when I did back then) and, perhaps, a coffee or hot chocolate, and waiting for the sunrise or sunset on the horizon used to be one of my favourite things. It has that relaxing effect like watching flames. Definitely a change from the fast lane of life on shore. FSB

Sunset on Lake Ladoga in early July around 11PM, so an adult beverage was a little more appropriate.

Sunrise was around 3:30 or 4AM

Cheers

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:00 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

vinyl wrote:
Fender Strat Brat wrote:

having a smoke (when I did back then) and, perhaps, a coffee or hot chocolate, and waiting for the sunrise or sunset on the horizon used to be one of my favourite things. It has that relaxing effect like watching flames. Definitely a change from the fast lane of life on shore. FSB

Sunset on Lake Ladoga in early July around 11PM, so an adult beverage was a little more appropriate.

Sunrise was around 3:30 or 4AM

Cheers
You nailed what I was speaking of, vinyl. Beautiful shot and nice composition with our feather friends. Thanks! :D
Adult beverage, huh? Well, I had restrictions; but, I also got to join in a 300 year old tradition. The USN was known as a dry navy meaning nonalcoholic. Many foreign ships did have limited alcohol (part tradition and part culture and sometimes sponsorship like our tax free 15 cents a pack cigarettes and cool Zippos).

The Commonwealth navies shared in what came to be specially contracted 180 Proof dark rum, the latest known as Pussers’ Rum. It was not uncommon to haul up the rum barrels, place them on the upper deck, and show off (all in fun usually initiated by competing and trading of bragging rights between Captains). Often we were outgunned and tied alongside our brothers from the States. We might put on a show with the Commonwealth crew lined up, each sailor having their mug of choice and a soda can, for a recorded and measured 2 1/2 ounces. American sailors and Marines would be hanging over and around us with soft drinks from their warships wondering what all the commotion was about at 11am or six bells. Often we’d exchange some jokes and, perhaps, offer Canuck beer later in the day (or food laced with rum at Christmas) eh?

I can’t say if this highly guarded government rum ever got off the ship. I know, but I can’t say. :lol: So sunrise and a smoke in the morning, free adult suckie at 11:00, sunset and another smoke after dinner was the routine. I gave up smoking 2 packs a day over 30 years ago; but, give me sun up or down over water and an adult beverage, I’m with you, vinyl. :lol:
For history buffs and/or rum enthusiasts you might enjoy this read of more about the tradition, how it started, and when and why it ended.
http://readyayeready.com/tradition/tot-history.php

Bottoms up!
FSB

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:05 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Thanks for the very interesting link, FSB.

As for the picture, I cheated a bit, it's 2 successive portrait oriented pictures pasted together in Photoshop. It makes me smile because it's a reminder of a particularly enjoyable trip I took in Russia in 2008. I'd never been that far north so I was also intrigued by how long that sunset lasted, though I wouldn't want to be there in the winter. Definitely need a toque then.

In the spirit of "fair winds and following seas" I offer you "Bung up, and Bilge Free"

Cheers,
vinyl

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

vinyl wrote:
Thanks for the very interesting link, FSB.

As for the picture, I cheated a bit, it's 2 successive portrait oriented pictures pasted together in Photoshop. It makes me smile because it's a reminder of a particularly enjoyable trip I took in Russia in 2008. I'd never been that far north so I was also intrigued by how long that sunset lasted, though I wouldn't want to be there in the winter. Definitely need a toque then.

In the spirit of "fair winds and following seas" I offer you "Bung up, and Bilge Free"

Cheers,
vinyl
Cheated? Sssh. Your secret is safe with me. Great stitching, vinyl.

As for the winter toque . . . You know ya wanna. :lol:
Sea ya!

FSB

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:41 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:05 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Nice one Marky.

Here's a cell phone pic from a trip I took to Berlin:

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:08 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Two really great pics Marky, and vinyl.

FSB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next