It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Authentic Jim Root Jazzmaster or not?
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:37 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello,

There are a few JimRoot Jazzmaster out there on Aliexpress. I got JIm Root Body Jazzmaster on eBay.com from StratOshere locates in US

StratOSphere don’t sell only 1 body of that model in particular. When I bough my part it’s showed that they had 1 left and after 1 week they still showing that they have 1 left in stock and ready for purshase. Fender respond me that people would part their guitar and sell in separated which is normal but there would NOT be 2-3 or more exact guitar parts.

That store seems to have a batch of those guitars and Fender should be more serious about copies. Especially you can find them on Aliexpress. The store is located in Hampshire is US and it’s not like you had to travel to China for investigations

I previously owned Fender authentic US
guitars
And this don’t seem right;

The backplate is fake and the guitar seems never has strap screwed in .

You can put me wrong here if you confirm me that there are possibilities somehow a guitars parts left your factory half assembled then . I will never support fender ever.

A brand with such notoriety shouldn’t be such unaware of copies but Fender seem not to care. My guess is that Fender does what lots of companie do : sell the B stocks or defects to third party so that they can wash their hands of the whole thing and still receive cash. Analogy; clothes store sells their leftovers to Winners for instance. Some do break intentionally the products to have the stock loss to be substracted from their income to tax exempt. You might think that only bad oil companies do the dirty fiscal trick like that and not guitars companies; you re wrong they will never admit it...

[img]
https://images.app.goo.gl/FV6Jw4xE1d6TfaMNA
[/img]

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Authentic Jim Root Jazzmaster or not?
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:31 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

This one's a tricky one to comment...

Stratosphereparts has been doing business with significant volume for quite a long time (15 years says their website), and if they'd be in the habit of selling a lot of fakes, I'd imagine the internet (guitar & such forums) would already be filled with warnings. But it's the other way around; they get a lot of good feedback.

With that one pic in the link you posted, I can't say much about if that body is legit or not - and the original stratosphere page is gone, so no help there.
But they do have a 45 days return policy - have you utilized that, or even had any contact with the company?
And if their system is what the web tells (buying whole guitars, parting them and making the profit with spare parts' higher price), it wouldn't be weird if they have several of the same item available.

The mix&match has been a key factor with Fenders since the beginning. And fakes are a problem (but spotting them is fun).
But I sort of disagree with your idea that FMIC would and should somehow be responsible for items someone buys on ebay (& such) - even while I'm used to quite strict consumer legislation/protection here in Europe.

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Cool post jmattis, very good response.
Welcome to the Forum Mr1000lb

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:33 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Solid Body Love Songs wrote:
Cool post jmattis, very good response.
Welcome to the Forum Mr1000lb

+1

Remember the music is not in the guitar