It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Post subject: Re: Apple dropping iTunes - iOS 13 coming
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:18 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Fender Strat Brat wrote:
Gotta love that, Mike. I can relate with a couple of 500 Gig hard drives. The best deal I ever made was a limited availability lifetime membership for Sirius/XM. Not that it didn’t cost me with Canadian prices before it was free every year. :lol:
FSB

I remember you saying that when we were discussing SiriusXM. (In another thread)

Don't leave home without it!

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Apple dropping iTunes - iOS 13 coming
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:50 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Miami Mike wrote:
Fender Strat Brat wrote:
Gotta love that, Mike. I can relate with a couple of 500 Gig hard drives. The best deal I ever made was a limited availability lifetime membership for Sirius/XM. Not that it didn’t cost me with Canadian prices before it was free every year. :lol:
FSB

I remember you saying that when we were discussing SiriusXM. (In another thread)
I did and have recently found out that currently Sirius/XM, which in Canada has a partnership with the national broadcaster Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), that their lifetime offer began in 2006. I got it around 2013. My year subscription of over $200 was due, I had considered a cancellation only because of cost; but, before I could decide the offer of $549 seemed a no brainer. The price of my expected renewal plus a little more with the next year’s subscription and some consideration of rising fees attached to past, present, and future industry digital music compensation, etc. was figured in. Plus in my wife’s name it stays with her regardless of the car owned. Currently only 3 year subscriptions are reported to be available on this side of the border, but I believe lifetime options are available in the U.S.

Of course, we have options today such as internet radio and services like iTunes (for the time being)
amongst other choices. I am considering making some MP3 CDs (app. 100 -150 songs) because I have plenty of blank discs that will also be of use in house, and they are also a good backup option. That should give me more than I need should I use that media instead of USB which is more awkward to manage than the CD from song to song on my radio AFAIK. It may present the same result. Not that I need any of it, but the features are promoted so it will be one more thing to try out for fun. :P
While I enjoy satellite radio and streaming services, having my own music and control of it like a jukebox has it’s merits. I’m looking forward to see where Apple will go with this iTunes change.

FSB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7